Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quiet AIO water cooling

Hi,

I'm building my system, and I'm stuck on choosing my cpu cooling solution. I don't know what is a good (doesn't have to be extreme performance) and very silent cpu all in one water cooler.

So everything is very quiet in my system, and I don't want to ruin it by a loud pump or fans. I was about to get the hydro 100i v2, but everyone says it's very loud. 

So help me out here!

Thanks in advance,

Theo

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

My h100i GTX is pretty silent after replacing the fans with some NF-F12's 

Those fans are not available here, and I did think of something like that, but as I seen from the reviews, the pump itself isn't quiet. Maybe I'm missing something?

Why not go with air cooling instead if you want your system to be very quiet?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Why not go with air cooling instead if you want your system to be very quiet?

I was thinking of that, but I'm curious if there is a good solution. 

1 minute ago, Balazs.zakany said:

I was thinking of that, but I'm curious if there is a good solution. 

Good solution to what? What are you cooling?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Watercoolling is a overall more noise solution. The NZXT Kraken x61  seems to be a a good one that still performs very well when aimed at an 30 decibel soundlevel.

But a aircooler is for you probably a better solution... Go take a Scythe Fuma. Very good performance and sound lvls for a very decent price.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Just now, Balazs.zakany said:

I5 6600k

So why not go with air cooling? 

What are you looking for with the cooler? Are you looking to push for as high of clocks as possible or just a good value that allows a good or moderate oc?

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

So why not go with air cooling? 

What are you looking for with the cooler? Are you looking to push for as high of clocks as possible or just a good value that allows a good or moderate oc?

I know that the air cooling is probably the way to go. I just wanted to know if there is something out there I haven't seen yet. But as it seems it"s going to be a bequiet dark rock pro 3

Just now, Balazs.zakany said:

Those fans are not available here, and I did think of something like that, but as I seen from the reviews, the pump itself isn't quiet. Maybe I'm missing something?

I have had 2 H100's, 2 H100i's, and an H115i, and have not had issues with pump noise.

A friend had an old H100 that the liquid had mostly evaporated from, so there was a gurgling sloshing sound and temperatures were awfully high if the cooler wasn't mounted horizontally, though that can be an issue with any AIO. I use an H115i with Noctua industrial PWM fans in my main rig, and H100i with Noctua industrial PWM fans in my old rig, and they are quiet with excellent performance. If you can't get noctua fans, then no idea sorry.

Have you considered something like a Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3?

Just now, DrMikeNZ said:

I have had 2 H100's, 2 H100i's, and an H115i, and have not had issues with pump noise.

A friend had an old H100 that the liquid had mostly evaporated from, so there was a gurgling sloshing sound and temperatures were awfully high if the cooler wasn't mounted horizontally, though that can be an issue with any AIO. I use an H115i with Noctua industrial PWM fans in my main rig, and H100i with Noctua industrial PWM fans in my old rig, and they are quiet with excellent performance. If you can't get noctua fans, then no idea sorry.

Have you considered something like a Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3?

Yes I did, probably I'm going to end up with that, already talked about it in a previous comment