"Usagi" build log

Bleedingyamato

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

17 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I just meant that since I already had gotten the one 250GB 850 EVO that I'd have to do the two SSD idea instead of considering one big SSD.

I knew I misunderstood something! xD

Yeah if you already have parts then forget what I said, better use them!!

17 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I'd be the one trying to figure out how to OC.  My friend knows how to do generál stuff for average use but stuff like OCing and building PCs isn't stuff she knows about or is interested in.  

Which is fine of course.  Not everyone has to have an interest in knowing how to do more than install programs and play games or surf the Internet, etc.

If it's not about the budget (and getting a K CPU wouldn't be that much more anyway) then I would also go with an unlocked one and figure out a good OC (read, not max OC) that would give a bit more life out of the system down the road. After all that how some people are still using 2nd and 3rd gen CPUs :)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

• 2 weeks later...
On September 29, 2016 at 1:06 PM, wkdpaul said:

I knew I misunderstood something! xD

Yeah if you already have parts then forget what I said, better use them!!

If it's not about the budget (and getting a K CPU wouldn't be that much more anyway) then I would also go with an unlocked one and figure out a good OC (read, not max OC) that would give a bit more life out of the system down the road. After all that how some people are still using 2nd and 3rd gen CPUs :)

Sorry for the delayed response.  I've been a bit distracted trying decide on the CPU and attempting but failing to get a second SSD for cheap on eBay.

I ended up deciding to get the 6700K.  I figured it was only like $24 more before tax on Amazon so I may as well get it since it's still slightly better vs the 6700 even without being overclocked.