Where to buy Windows 10 License

PyroBlast13

So my final part for my new build is being delivered on Friday, and I heard once that there was a place to buy windows license Keys for real cheap, anyone know where that would be?

1 minute ago, PyroBlast13 said:

So my final part for my new build is being delivered on Friday, and I heard once that there was a place to buy windows license Keys for real cheap, anyone know where that would be?

Buy them from legitimate sources at full prices. Don't buy them from unauthorized resellers.

reddit microsoft software swap.

It is slightly less gray area than stores like G2A and kinguin.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Reddit is the best place to get any sort of Microsoft key.

https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap

I've bought a few Windows licenses and a Microsoft Office key from this guy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/comments/52gm8q/h_windows_10_7_8_81_servers_office_visio_project/

G2A and websites like it seem too sketch for me. Plus I hear plenty stories of keys not working. I've never had that issue with Reddit.

COMIC SANS

Just now, jello77 said:

http://www.kinguin.net/

I have never used this.

the issue with places like kinguin and g2a is pretty simple to explain:

you are buying a real key, your hands are "clean".. mostly.

the issue is that you just know there's something wrong with it. just like you know buying a closed box iPad for half price off craigslist will usually get you a real iPad, you just know that it's stolen, which is basicly the deal with these websites.

the key is legit, the source where it came from is very often not as legit. there's plenty of ways for them to get their keys cheaper, ranging from the tricks with buying in other regions, to making bulk deals, to straight up credit card fraud.

now, the issue is, this last one is the most profitable one, and the issue is just kinda that when you use these websites, you are most likely at least indirectly supporting this practisce which could eventually harm the company you just spent money on, or in some cases even innocent middle men who have no idea it's happening / no idea how to fight it.

and in my opinion the worst part of it all: when you get a key from these sources, you're pretty much guaranteed that not a single dollar of that money went towards the person who deserves it the most: the developer. if you want a new version of the software you're using in the future, buy from the source. if you dont want to see a new version of the software you're using in the future, dont use it.

1 hour ago, TopWargamer said:

Reddit is the best place to get any sort of Microsoft key.

https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap

I've bought a few Windows licenses and a Microsoft Office key from this guy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/comments/52gm8q/h_windows_10_7_8_81_servers_office_visio_project/

G2A and websites like it seem too sketch for me. Plus I hear plenty stories of keys not working. I've never had that issue with Reddit.

Use Reddit Microsoft software swap. Buy it from a verified seller. They will usually give you another key if one is broken

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

16 minutes ago, Enderman said:

reddit microsoft software swap.

It is slightly less gray area than stores like G2A and kinguin.

i still dont trust those guys, mostly because i've seen the stuff you can get off of dreamspark, and how easy it is to get lots of them off of dreamspark and how easy it is to ignore the "nor for commercial use" EULA.

while less touchy, i have €20K worth of dreamspark keys, and the only reason that i have that many is that they make it quite clear to you you're not allowed to sell them. and as of recently they have appareantly been disabling dreamspark keys after a while.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i still dont trust those guys, mostly because i've seen the stuff you can get off of dreamspark, and how easy it is to get lots of them off of dreamspark and how easy it is to ignore the "nor for commercial use" EULA.

while less touchy, i have €20K worth of dreamspark keys, and the only reason that i have that many is that they make it quite clear to you you're not allowed to sell them. and as of recently they have appareantly been disabling dreamspark keys after a while.

Yes that's why they are still gray area, because they come from places like enterprise bundles, dreamspark, etc...

But it's definitely better than G2A/kinguin where the sellers can scam you, the sellers can lie to you, the sellers can sell you keys bought with stolen credit cards, etc...

At least the reddit swap has a closed group of verified sellers, not some random shady guy who might be trying to scam a few people and leave.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yes that's why they are still gray area, because they come from places like enterprise bundles, dreamspark, etc...

But it's definitely better than G2A/kinguin where the sellers can scam you, the sellers can lie to you, the sellers can sell you keys bought with stolen credit cards, etc...

At least the reddit swap has a closed group of verified sellers, not some random shady guy who might be trying to scam a few people and leave.

and especially, reddit software swap is not of the capacity where they can do the big boy credit card fraud, the worst that could happen is a windows key "that fell off the shelf of the shop".