Ways to make pc gaming more comfortable

Thelillypad123

I always find the issue that I'm always fidgeting around, crossing my legs, adjusting my arms, curving my body etc when I pc game. It's just something about using a mouse and keyboard that I guess is super awkward for me even though I've been doing it for almost 3 years now. It may be the fact that my chair has no arm rests but I'm wondering if that's really it. Suggestions to make my experience more relaxing?

Check that the height of your desk is at a comfortable position, make sure your chair is also in a comfortable position, and do some stretches in between as well

1 - Chair

2 - Get an adjustable height desk

3 - Try slanting your keyboard down right so its more comfy :D ( Like kenny s ) 

Just now, Aytex said:

ayyy thats what i do

Ayy Lmao i didnt know how to explain it so i put kenny S in there because i know he does it

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

I only do it for gaming, when typing like that its just stupid lol

Yeah it would be hard to type that way

Edit - South canada AKA murica lol thats amazing

By a herman miller chair 

Buy a good desk (maybe a standing one too)

Buy a comfy  mouse and keyboard

Use a controller on some games etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Armrests for me are a must.  Also a good chair with a headrest. It is great when they can tilt backwards and lock in a tilted position so I can relax when just browsing or watching a movie.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

Arm rests would help for your arms. Imagine you hanging from a branch for a few hours ain't to nice for your arms. Also proper adjusted ones help to relax your shoulders and upper spine then. Not doing this can potentially lead towards health issues. As for the legs, you coudl try a standoff. It forces you to bend your legs a bit, but makes it harder to cross them unnoticed. But for this it mainly is controlling your actions. Some movement is required to keep your arms and leggs working. Thats why it is advised to take frequent brakes. Just every hour orso stand up and walk a bit  around before sitting again.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

• Get a TKL keyboard so you don't constantly have your arms spread far apart. Also use it at an angle (left side angled up). Your fingers are not all the same length and using WASD the standard way for a long time can get uncomfortable.
  • Get a wrist rest
  • Get a good chair. A good one isn't expensive. I have a Flintan from IKEA and it goes for about 60 - 70 bucks.
  • Not all games need mouse and keyboard. If you're not playing a shooter or MMO use a controller.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I can't do any yoga position...except when I am gaming on my PC. Seriously.. If you ever saw me you would call exorcist on me.

That said. I got quite comfy chair (Ikea Markus) and was hoping this will fix my bad sitting habits but I still find myself often sitting in really weird positions.

As a PC gamer, I almost NEVER play games that require a mouse/keyboard...as much as I love PC gaming, consoles got it right with controllers.  Infinitely more comfortable, and you can literally sit in whatever the hell position you want!  I usually play in bed :P I wish there were more games with  native controller support...I also wish the Steam controller was better.  I'd love to be able to play god-games like Banished with a controller.  And XCOM 2...unbelievable that they abandoned controller support :/

Moral of the story: Controller is love.  Controller is life.  All praise be to the Xbox 360 controller.  All others must repent for their sins...of not being the Xbox 360 controller. xD

On 9/13/2016 at 10:10 PM, Thelillypad123 said:

I always find the issue that I'm always fidgeting around, crossing my legs, adjusting my arms, curving my body etc when I pc game. It's just something about using a mouse and keyboard that I guess is super awkward for me even though I've been doing it for almost 3 years now. It may be the fact that my chair has no arm rests but I'm wondering if that's really it. Suggestions to make my experience more relaxing?

A good chair that matches your table height is the number 1 priority for any PC setup.  You'll be amazed how much it can affect your comfort.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.