980 ti Bios Problem

Go to solution Solved by Thx And Bye,

You could always use NVFlash to reflash a BIOS but that comes with risks (like every BIOS flash).

But slightly different clock speeds are not unusual since GPU Boost doesn't always works 100% the same and the GPU's also most probably have different temperatures.

Even if they wouldn't they don't always have to match and it will help also with mico stuttering if they don't.

For exable with the stock BIOS and no OC my both 680s would run on 1175MHz and 1136MHz (ish) and they are in parallel in the same liquidloop and had the exact same temperature.

If you don't have any critical performance issues I would just leave is as it is.

Even tho they are EVGS SC cards i have flashed the stock 680 BIOS with 1006MHz base clock.
Like i said same cards, same cooling, same temperature, same voltage, same BIOS. But my current clocks with 3D Mark are 1084MHz and 1071MHz.

zPajhPD.png

Again, if no one has been following my problems, in messing with my amature knowledge of overclocking in order to fix a problem by messing with the pstate clocks have some how disabled the use of the card. However I have another one which I sli'd the other one. I uninstalled and re installed the latest graphics drivers hoping this would rectify the case. However it did not upon further investigation I learned that the card has a bios switch. I immediately turned off the pc and switched the bios on the affected card. So the master has a green LED and the slave (the affected one) has a Red one. I understand that the Red LED is the overclocked bios and increases the voltage limiter etc. But what I want to know is how to fix the other bios setting. How do i revert this cards internal programing if you will to like how when I bought it?

What caused the problem is when I was overclocking my card I switched between Precision X OC and msi afterburner a lot.The slave stopped matching the masters clock and a high gpu inducing game. 

I later learned that a possible pstate issue could have happened and thus found that Techpowerup GPU Z could edit that. 

My Pc crashed and caused that all to happen.

So I reiterate How can I fix this problem??

You could always use NVFlash to reflash a BIOS but that comes with risks (like every BIOS flash).

But slightly different clock speeds are not unusual since GPU Boost doesn't always works 100% the same and the GPU's also most probably have different temperatures.

Even if they wouldn't they don't always have to match and it will help also with mico stuttering if they don't.

For exable with the stock BIOS and no OC my both 680s would run on 1175MHz and 1136MHz (ish) and they are in parallel in the same liquidloop and had the exact same temperature.

If you don't have any critical performance issues I would just leave is as it is.

Even tho they are EVGS SC cards i have flashed the stock 680 BIOS with 1006MHz base clock.
Like i said same cards, same cooling, same temperature, same voltage, same BIOS. But my current clocks with 3D Mark are 1084MHz and 1071MHz.

zPajhPD.png

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-