any one good at math here?

DominicNikon

ok so im doing a math study guide for a test this week  and i got all the questions right besides two so could i ask someone here to give the correct answer  and work so i can see what i did wrong? 

so the questions are 6-5/2(2x+6)=4/9x-2 i got x=1.653 when it equals 0.551 the second one is 5n-4/m=7y/x i got n=11ymx/5 when it equals n=7my+4x/5x. so can someone help me? btw the correct answers are from the answer key but it shows no work

#/# as in a fraction 

For the first one I got x=45/49. 

Not sure what all you were trying to tell me or if your notation was correct, but that's the answer I got.

Nevermind mistakes were made

Done again, this time I got 49/9x = -33 and that comes out to a beautiful x = -297/49 and I still don't know if that's correct but that's what I got using your info.

CPU: i7-7700K | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080 Super | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Motherboard: MSI M5 Gaming | SSDs: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Kingston SSDNow + 500GB SK hynix SL308 500GB  | HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB 

Use wolfram next time btw http://www.wolframalpha.com/ way easier

CPU: i7-7700K | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080 Super | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Motherboard: MSI M5 Gaming | SSDs: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Kingston SSDNow + 500GB SK hynix SL308 500GB  | HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB 

29 minutes ago, Swiftfeather said:

For the first one I got x=45/49. 

Not sure what all you were trying to tell me or if your notation was correct, but that's the answer I got.

Nevermind mistakes were made

Done again, this time I got 49/9x = -33 and that comes out to a beautiful x = -297/49 and I still don't know if that's correct but that's what I got using your info.

I forgot a part it's solving for x

7 hours ago, DominicNikon said:

6-5/2(2x+6)=4/9x-2

Is this meant to be: (6-5) / (2*(2x+6) = 4/(9x-2) ; or ; 6 - 5/2 * (2x+6) = ... or ectect because they would all give different answers, and I'm not sure how to interpret it by the way you wrote it o.O

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

1 minute ago, o0Martin said:

Is this meant to be: (6-5) / (2*(2x+6) = 4/(9x-2) ; or ; 6 - 5/2 * (2x+6) = ... or ectect because they would all give different answers, and I'm not sure how to interpret it by the way you wrote it o.O

Was about to say the same thing. OP the way it's typed is confusing, can you upload a photo of the question? The parenthesis are important