Lost jumper cap to new motherboard

xgn

Hello. I been troubleshooting this motherboard forever. It passed RMA tests. I just noticed there is no Jumper cap on the board. Could this be why?

errors. No fans spinning. No beeps. No post. No pleds.

There is lights on the motherboard.

I know a motherboard NEED jumper to be functional and could even break without it. I just didnt notice there wasen't one until now.

Could this be the issue? I dont even know where to buy this thing. Only thing i can think of is to dig in the scrapyard. xD

I tried with jumper from other PC. that didn't help. Maybe i need one which is newer.

wait.. jumper?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, thekeemo said:

wait.. jumper?

The board need 2 of these. No wonder it dosen't work. Now i just need to find it somewhere.

sku_281490_3.jpg

1 hour ago, xgn said:

The board need 2 of these. No wonder it dosen't work. Now i just need to find it somewhere.

I havent needed jumpers on a motherboard in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, thekeemo said:

I havent needed jumpers on a motherboard in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time

Im troubleshooting it so i have to try.

1 minute ago, Teshy09 said:

Where does this jumper go exactly ?

cmos,overvolt

58 minutes ago, xgn said:

Im troubleshooting it so i have to try.

what model is this board

Just now, thekeemo said:

what model is this board

asus x99-e

asus x99-e

It does not need jumpers

The one by cmos is for resetting it I think

I think you just got screwed by asus RMA like everyone else

Just now, thekeemo said:

It does not need jumpers

The one by cmos is for resetting it I think

I think you just got screwed by asus RMA like everyone else

I did RMA it and it actually passed the tests !!!

Either the shop is lieng or i have bad ram. I dont know what else to do.

Are you sure it dosen't need jumpers ? It says so in the manual. But there is no jumpers in the box.

I did RMA it and it actually passed the tests !!!

Either the shop is lieng or i have bad ram. I dont know what else to do.

Are you sure it dosen't need jumpers ? It says so in the manual. But there is no jumpers in the box.

What page of the manual?

59 minutes ago, xgn said:

I have not seen that before on a modern board

anyway

you do NOT need one on the CMOS but you need one on the CPU overvoltage one on the fan selector setting and one on chasis intrusion

Just now, thekeemo said:

I have not seen that before on a modern board

anyway

you do NOT need one on the CMOS but you need one on the CPU overvoltage one on the fan selector setting and one on chasis intrusion

So i need 3 and 1 optional ? Do you think this is the reason why i get no post  ?

So i need 3 and 1 optional ? Do you think this is the reason why i get no post  ?

No

You need to make sure one is not on CMOS as that is to reset it

I would expect it to just run the defaults if there are no jumpers but that might not be the case

Make sure the beeper is oriented the correct way to hear any boot codes and that CPU power is plugged in

Just now, thekeemo said:

No

You need to make sure one is not on CMOS as that is to reset it

Its called jumper for a reason. One is direct other is clear. The point is it needs to be there if it says so in the manual. I dont know where you buy those things.

Its called jumper for a reason. One is direct other is clear. The point is it needs to be there if it says so in the manual. I dont know where you buy those things.

This is what hte motherboard should look like

X99-E%20WS_2D.png

Jumpers are so 2000...:dry:

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just now, thekeemo said:

This is what hte motherboard should look like

No shit sherlock. I own it. Ofcourse i know what it looks like. I just dont understand why there is no jumpers in the box if i need it. I update this thread once i find any.

59 minutes ago, xgn said:

No shit sherlock. I own it. Ofcourse i know what it looks like. I just dont understand why there is no jumpers in the box if i need it. I update this thread once i find any.

I mean that the picture has the jumpers in so you can tell how many you need and where they should be :)

ask people if they have some IDE harddrives lying around with the jumpers in them

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

I mean that the picture has the jumpers in so you can tell how many you need and where they should be :)

Looks correct but the jumper on cmos is set to reset and not direct.

4 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

ask people if they have some IDE harddrives lying around with the jumpers in them

Thanks i actually find a shop which sell them really cheap. Had to search for jumper on pcb. No wonder it dosent work without jumpers it would fry it  :)

1 hour ago, xgn said:

Thanks i actually find a shop which sell them really cheap. Had to search for jumper on pcb. No wonder it dosent work without jumpers it would fry it  :)

Could use tape with some wire :D

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

Could use tape with some wire :D

I know but i dont want to risk it. Its not some cheap scrapyard stuff.