Upgrade now to 16GB RAM with FX-8350 or wait until Zen comes out?

So I`ve been running into memore issues lately. Which is why I want to upgrade my RAM to 16 GB from currently 8 GB. I was just wondering if the FX-8350 is worth keeping or if I should wait for newer CPU generations.

Wait for Zen. 8GB is not really an optimal amount of RAM, as many games nowadays can push that threshold with other software running in the background, but Zen is close. If it's garbage, go Intel, if it isn't, get it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Wait, zen is probably going to show up early 2017, and the performance improvement is going to be massive, also feature packed with stuff intel rolled out already. Just order it before the price skyrockets.

Depends on if you need the RAM now or not. If this PC makes you money, then grab the RAM, otherwise wait.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

OK, thanks for the replies guys. I can wait so I'm going to upgrade once Zen hits market - after waiting for the benchmarks of course.

EDIT: So, uhhhm, I'm kinda new to this forum stuff. Should I mark this thread as solved now?

Edited by rentierkrieger