AMD VS Intel Two Different Builds, What to Pick?

The 9590 is the same case as the 8350. There is generally no point in getting it because the lower version is A LOT cheaper and you can just OC higher than that CPU with the previous model, example the 8320 cannot OC higher than the 8350 but can get darn close. Same with the 9370 (I'm pretty sure thats the name) and the 9590. Just buy an 9370 and OC that. It has a 4.5Ghz base with a 4.7Ghz turbo. The 9590 is a 4.8Ghz base with a 5Ghz turbo. 

That's not true mate. The 8320 can do the exact same clocks as the 8350.

All I can say really is beat this with an 8350 ;)

21mqkb.png

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

The 9590 is the same case as the 8350. There is generally no point in getting it because the lower version is A LOT cheaper and you can just OC higher than that CPU with the previous model, example the 8320 cannot OC higher than the 8350 but can get darn close. Same with the 9370 (I'm pretty sure thats the name) and the 9590. Just buy an 9370 and OC that. It has a 4.5Ghz base with a 4.7Ghz turbo. The 9590 is a 4.8Ghz base with a 5Ghz turbo.

No.

They're cherry picked 8350's that have the best silicon quality. 9590 probably can OC 5.5+ GhZ with the proper cooling. Yes they're no where near the bang for buck, but if you want the best you have to pay for it.

Imo 4.5ghz 8350 hits the sweet spot, but if you're a OC junky then $800 maybe worth to you if 6ghz stable can be obtain.

http://s1010.photobucket.com/user/tgunsg35/slideshow/PC%20build

Gaming rig: ASUS|CROSSHAIR V FORMULA Z-CASE CORSAIR VENGEANCE C70 BLK-ASUS HD7970 3G Crossfire-PSU CORSAIR AX1200i-CPU AMD FX-8350-CORSAIR 8g 1600DDR3-DVD BRN ASUS-CORSAIR H100I R-CORSAIR CSSD-F240GBG-ACER B6 B276HULymiidprz Black 27 1440p

That's not true mate. The 8320 can do the exact same clocks as the 8350.

All I can say really is beat this with an 8350 ;)

21mqkb.png

Someone didn't clearly see the line "The 8320 cannot OC higher than the 8350 but can get close"

No.

They're cherry picked 8350's that have the best silicon quality. 9590 probably can OC 5.5+ GhZ with the proper cooling. Yes they're no where near the bang for buck, but if you want the best you have to pay for it.

Imo 4.5ghz 8350 hits the sweet spot, but if you're a OC junky then $800 maybe worth to you if 6ghz stable can be obtain.

I didn't say they weren't higher quality 8350's in the first place did I? I knew this already. 

They're the same, other than the tubes and way the fans are controlled. The original non I has a manual fan controller on the pump. The I, IIRC, does it via software.

For cooling? there's about a 1c difference, given they're pretty much identical physically.

I'm mainly more interested in how easy the i series is to set up. I've heard and SEEN that they are a ton easier to work with than the previous gen.

I didn't say they weren't higher quality 8350's in the first place did I? I knew this already.

you implied they're not point. I'm stating the worth of the higher model.

Gaming rig: ASUS|CROSSHAIR V FORMULA Z-CASE CORSAIR VENGEANCE C70 BLK-ASUS HD7970 3G Crossfire-PSU CORSAIR AX1200i-CPU AMD FX-8350-CORSAIR 8g 1600DDR3-DVD BRN ASUS-CORSAIR H100I R-CORSAIR CSSD-F240GBG-ACER B6 B276HULymiidprz Black 27 1440p

you implied they're not point. I'm stating the worth of the higher model.

In terms of 600 dollars for AMD it's not worth it to be honest, I'd just go for a 600 dollar Intel then. 

In terms of 600 dollars for AMD it's not worth it to be honest, I'd just go for a 600 dollar Intel then.

yes to you, but some people rather have that 5.5+Ghz OC. As of now 8350 is the better bang for buck, just think when the fx9000 becomes $199 price range. Intell 3770k is still pricey, but for AMD it will only become cheaper.

No budget intell>AMD

Bang for buck AMD>intell

And it will always be that way...

yes to you, but some people rather have that 5.5+Ghz OC. As of now 8350 is the better bang for buck, just think when the fx9000 becomes $199 price range. Intell 3770k is still pricey, but for AMD it will only become cheaper.

No budget intell>AMD

Bang for buck AMD>intell

And it will always be that way...

I'm not saying it wont, I'm simply stating that if I had 600 dollars for a CPU I wouldn't go for AMD I would want my moneys worth and go Intel. 

Going to ignore that because AMD is generally always winning, Intel just catches up sometimes, the people who vote intel just vote and don't comment why showing that they are probably just fanboys who always go Intel and don't even consider AMD. Meaning they know none of the big pros/cons with choosing between the two. 

lol, do you even realize what did you say? AMD is always winning? Really? Do you even know the history of AMD and Intel? If not, I suggest you to read their history here - http://bit.ly/17yYJRF

Amd was technically always behind than Intel and they are behind now too. Just take the example of nanometers: AMD still uses 32 nm while Intel has already 22 nm technology. I know it may hurt you, but it's true!

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

lol, do you even realize what did you say? AMD is always winning? Really? Do you even know the history of AMD and Intel? If not, I suggest you to read their history here - http://bit.ly/17yYJRF

Amd was technically always behind than Intel and they are behind now too. Just take the example of nanometers: AMD still uses 32 nm while Intel has already 22 nm technology. I know it may hurt you, but it's true!

Hey genius, I was talking about the poll. :P