Cheap good on the go Headphone

SphinxPhoenix
Go to solution Solved by kokakolia,

About the AKG Y50, they do have a lot of clamping force. But they sound good. Not comfy.

M40x and M50x are not that comfy. Forget about it. 

Sennheiser Momentum. Comfort is OK. Sound is perfect. 

I would honestly get the Sony MDR-1AB for 140 euro:

https://www.amazon.fr/Sony-MDR-1AB-Casque-Hi-Res-Audio/dp/B00N3WWG4U/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1473571159&sr=8-6&keywords=casque+sony

The comfort is supreme. They sound excellent, especially on vocals. You can fold them flat and carry them around easily. 

Hey, so i'm searching for a some good light an comfy pair of headphones that do well with my phone (OP 3) and that I can easily carry around with me when I'm out and about. Would love to hear some good recommendations. Thanks

I'm willing to spend up to 120€.

17 minutes ago, SphinxPhoenix said:

Hey, so i'm searching for a some good light an comfy pair of headphones that do well with my phone (OP 3) and that I can easily carry around with me when I'm out and about. Would love to hear some good recommendations. Thanks

I have the AKG Y50 (~80$) and I love them; they're on-ear style, they have a 4 pin 3.5 mm jack (so it's optimal for phones). After the burn in they have a wide sound stage and sound detail; I've been able to hear as high as 20 kHz, so they've got more than the highs the internal DACs don't give you. The bass are deep, punchy (even as low as 5 Hz, which is impressive) but they're not covering mids and highs which are clear and always present

DESKTOP PC - CPU-Z VALIDi5 4690K @ 4.70 GHz | 47 X 100.2 MHz | ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer | Enermax Liqmax II 240mm | EVGA GTX 1070Ti OC'd

HOME SERVER | HP ProLiant DL380 G7 | 2x Intel Xeon X5650 | 36GB DDR3 RDIMM | 5x 4TB LFF Seagate Constellation 7.2K | Curcial MX500 250GB | Ubuntu Server 20.04

1 minute ago, purpa turta said:

iPhone 6 headphones

They're crap. Honestly, their value is around 3 / 4 $, and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

DISCLAIMER: keep in mind that this is my honest opinion, everyone is free to think it in any other way. Also I don't mean to insult anything or anyone.

DESKTOP PC - CPU-Z VALIDi5 4690K @ 4.70 GHz | 47 X 100.2 MHz | ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer | Enermax Liqmax II 240mm | EVGA GTX 1070Ti OC'd

HOME SERVER | HP ProLiant DL380 G7 | 2x Intel Xeon X5650 | 36GB DDR3 RDIMM | 5x 4TB LFF Seagate Constellation 7.2K | Curcial MX500 250GB | Ubuntu Server 20.04

28 minutes ago, SphinxPhoenix said:

Also Sennheiser Momentum On-ear are really good, if you like Sennheiser's sound signature and if you're ok with paying a premium for design, materials and brand

3 hours ago, purpa turta said:

iPhone 6 headphones

LOL

3 hours ago, LionSpeck said:

They're crap. Honestly, their value is around 3 / 4 $, and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

DISCLAIMER: keep in mind that this is my honest opinion, everyone is free to think it in any other way. Also I don't mean to insult anything or anyone.

I think (Or rather hope) that that was just sarcasm...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

For full size headphones I would say Creative Aurvana Live! or the M40x, if you can use IEMs then.

Sennheiser Momentum

Zero Audio Carbo Tenore

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

17 hours ago, purpa turta said:

iPhone 6 headphones

Srsly ?

17 hours ago, LionSpeck said:

I have the AKG Y50 (~80$) and I love them; they're on-ear style, they have a 4 pin 3.5 mm jack (so it's optimal for phones). After the burn in they have a wide sound stage and sound detail; I've been able to hear as high as 20 kHz, so they've got more than the highs the internal DACs don't give you. The bass are deep, punchy (even as low as 5 Hz, which is impressive) but they're not covering mids and highs which are clear and always present

They do look good but the m40x which @Dackzy suggested do seem better even though they cost 20€ more

17 hours ago, LionSpeck said:

Also Sennheiser Momentum On-ear are really good, if you like Sennheiser's sound signature and if you're ok with paying a premium for design, materials and brand

Sennheisers are too expensive so sorry

13 hours ago, Dackzy said:

For full size headphones I would say Creative Aurvana Live! or the M40x, if you can use IEMs then.

Sennheiser Momentum

Zero Audio Carbo Tenore

Im not shure about the creatives but the m40x are pretty decent although i wonder if the m50(x?) are worth the extra 50€ which would bring me 30€ over my budget but i would consider it if they rwally are worth it. 

And no iems please im trying to get away from my cheap ass iems thats why i posted here at all xD

4 hours ago, SphinxPhoenix said:

Srsly ?

They do look good but the m40x which @Dackzy suggested do seem better even though they cost 20€ more

Sennheisers are too expensive so sorry

Im not shure about the creatives but the m40x are pretty decent although i wonder if the m50(x?) are worth the extra 50€ which would bring me 30€ over my budget but i would consider it if they rwally are worth it. 

And no iems please im trying to get away from my cheap ass iems thats why i posted here at all xD

well the creatives are really praised with their slightly warm sound and the M50x is overpriced. The m40s is the more neutral pair on the line up, still not neutral, the m50x has a bigger bass boost. Also none of those IEM are "cheap ass"

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

4 hours ago, SphinxPhoenix said:

Don't hate on iems, they're better than headphones for price to performance ratio imo and for a portable setup it just makes more sense. 

22 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

well the creatives are really praised with their slightly warm sound and the M50x is overpriced. The m40s is the more neutral pair on the line up, still not neutral, the m50x has a bigger bass boost. Also none of those IEM are "cheap ass"

8 minutes ago, iShad said:

Don't hate on iems, they're better than headphones for price to performance ratio imo and for a portable setup it just makes more sense. 

Sorry that i didn't put it right because i was trying to say that i want to get away from my CURRENT pair of standard accessorie sony iems from my last phone. So i wasn't hating about all iems and i know that there are very good ones out there, i even considered buying the jaybird x2, but i just dont want iems in general anymore because i personally prefer on ears. 

About the AKG Y50, they do have a lot of clamping force. But they sound good. Not comfy.

M40x and M50x are not that comfy. Forget about it. 

Sennheiser Momentum. Comfort is OK. Sound is perfect. 

I would honestly get the Sony MDR-1AB for 140 euro:

https://www.amazon.fr/Sony-MDR-1AB-Casque-Hi-Res-Audio/dp/B00N3WWG4U/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1473571159&sr=8-6&keywords=casque+sony

The comfort is supreme. They sound excellent, especially on vocals. You can fold them flat and carry them around easily. 

3 hours ago, SphinxPhoenix said:

so in think im going with the sonys

You could click on "occasion" to get a "used" one for 130 euro. The description states that it has minor cosmetic defects on the top or sides. 

for portable use i recommend to use IEM over headphone

if you want headphone try Sennheiser HD 202 or Sennheiser PX 200