WDC Blue HDDs reading zero MBs

davidst95

Hi, I have three 4TB WDC Blue HDDs.   I had them in a RAID configuration using Windows Storage Spaces in Windows 10.    I bought a new case and wanted to use only two of them in a Mirror configuration.   I deleted the storage spaces setup before removing them.   Two of the hard drives I think got corrupted.   I ran Western Digital's Lifeguard and it pass all the tests but the capacity on two of the drives reads 0MB.    I tried using diskpart to clean the drive and create a new partition.   It gives me an I/O error.   I also tried other programs outside of Windows such as GParted, True Image recovery and Active @partition.   All programs either will says the capacity is 0MB or doesn't see the drives at all.   I even tried to hook the drives up through a USB to sata adapter.    Could someone give any advice on what I should do or are they physically damage?   Luckily they are still under warranty for another month.    Thanks.

David

9 minutes ago, davidst95 said:

Hi, I have three 4TB WDC Blue HDDs.   I had them in a RAID configuration using Windows Storage Spaces in Windows 10.    I bought a new case and wanted to use only two of them in a Mirror configuration.   I deleted the storage spaces setup before removing them.   Two of the hard drives I think got corrupted.   I ran Western Digital's Lifeguard and it pass all the tests but the capacity on two of the drives reads 0MB.    I tried using diskpart to clean the drive and create a new partition.   It gives me an I/O error.   I also tried other programs outside of Windows such as GParted, True Image recovery and Active @partition.   All programs either will says the capacity is 0MB or doesn't see the drives at all.   I even tried to hook the drives up through a USB to sata adapter.    Could someone give any advice on what I should do or are they physically damage?   Luckily they are still under warranty for another month.    Thanks.

David

You should contact WDC Support, and ask them what to do.

If the drives cannot be formatted or repartitioned, the firmware might have become corrupted somehow. They should be able to exchange the drives for new ones.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)