Who here wants drone delivered burritos?!?!?!

shermantanker

bwNDv0p.jpg

Google parent company Alphabet is teaming up with fast casual chain Chipotle to test drone delivery for Virginia Tech students, according to a report from Bloomberg. The pilot program marks a turning point for Alphabet’s Project Wing division, giving the team ample room to experiment with airborne burrito deliveries in one of the first commercial programs of its kind to be greenlit by the US Federal Aviation Authority. The drones, which will be hybrid aircraft that can both fly and hover in place, will make deliveries coordinated by a Chipotle food truck on campus.

Project Wing chose to partner with Chipotle because it presented unique challenges: could a drone adequately deliver food using a winch system, and can the food remain hot throughout flight with special packaging? "It sounds simple, but it’s not," said Timothy Sands, Virginia Tech’s president. "There are a lot of things to work out from a safety point of view and a policy point of view." The program will be accessible to select Virginia Tech employees and students.

All parties involved stand to gain something from the project. Because Virginia Tech is part of the Mid-Atlantic Aviation Partnership, it's been chosen as of six schools to be used as a testing ground for commercial drone use. The school hopes these types of pilot programs will help it became a leader in new transportation technologies, like drone delivery.

Project Wing, on the other hand, gets valuable data to help it develop a second-generation version of its aircraft and better hone its automated flight system and delivery mechanisms. (The team is one of many working with NASA to develop a state-of-the-art air traffic control system for UAVs.) The FAA will also use the data Project Wing generates to improve its commercial drone guidelines. And students? They get burritos ferried to them in the sky, a dorm room dream come true.

The future is a beautiful thing.

Source: The Verge

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Burritos are disgusting IMO. Do it with some other food then I'll be interested.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I love living in the 21st century. Also, I would guess @BirdyBlue007 would want one

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, ThinkWithPortals said:

Burritos are disgusting IMO. Do it with some other food then I'll be interested.

I live in southern California, and burritos are everywhere...

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Just now, Minibois said:

I love living in the 21st century. Also, I would guess @BirdyBlue007 would want one

MY DREAMS WOULD COME TRUUUUU!!!! YASSSSSSSS

32 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

It very much depends on WHICH burrito you order. Some pizzas are awful, doesn't make them all bad.

Just now, Cela1 said:

It very much depends on WHICH burrito you order. Some pizzas are awful, doesn't make them all bad.

None of the ones I've tried have been very appealing.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

There's a Chipotle about 2 miles or so from my place, if they did drone delivery I would be a very fat man. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

2 hours ago, BirdyBlue007 said:

MY DREAMS WOULD COME TRUUUUU!!!! YASSSSSSSS

i knew you'd pop up in here xDxD

Details separate people.

Inb4 you lose your order cause someone has shot down the drone.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

3 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

i knew you'd pop up in here xDxD

I will always appear when the topics about BURRITOS!!!

1 minute ago, BirdyBlue007 said:

I will always appear when the topics about BURRITOS!!!

Alright, it's official. You're the forum burrito guy. Grats.

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

Alright, it's official. You're the forum burrito guy. Grats.

I will not let any of you down, I will inform all of the greatness of THE BURRITO!!!! ALL PRAISE THE MAJESTY OF THE BURRITO!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh. I eat chipotle like crack. My favorite fast food. This would only hurt my bank account. Bring it on. 

Just now, BirdyBlue007 said:

I will not let any of you down, I will inform all of the greatness of THE BURRITO!!!! ALL PRAISE THE MAJESTY OF THE BURRITO!!!!!!!

Homemade chicken burrito ftw. Chicken, tiny bit of honey BBQ sauce, tiny bit of roasted onion, fresh tomato, monterey jack and cheddar. Fuckin delicious. 

Homemade chicken burrito ftw. Chicken, tiny bit of honey BBQ sauce, tiny bit of roasted onion, fresh tomato, monterey jack and cheddar. Fuckin delicious. 

Lets just make a forum where we share BURRITO recipes, I think thats what everyone NEEDS!!!!

Nah steak is where it's at. Never had anything but steak for protein there and I've been eating there for years. Steak, black beans, brown rice, hot and mild salsa, corn, cheese, goc, and lettuce. The dollar extra makes it 2x better. Also they love me (sarcasm). Them "Do you need another burrito?"(to wrap around the one falling apart)? Me "Yes".

Sucks that I live in a no fly zone 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 minute ago, jman629 said:

Nah steak is where it's at. Never had anything but steak for protein there and I've been eating there for years. Steak, black beans, brown rice, hot and mild salsa, corn, cheese, goc, and lettuce. The dollar extra makes it 2x better. Also they love me (sarcasm). Them "Do you need another burrito?"(to wrap around the one falling apart)? Me "Yes".

Hah, I was talking about homemade. When I go to Chipotle I get steak, black beans, brown rice, and hot and mild salsa. Although I do think I like chicken burritos a bit more, just gotta have a bit of BBQ sauce in there when prepping the chicken.

14 minutes ago, PocketNerd said:

Inb4 you lose your order cause someone has shot down the drone.

Around here it would be intercepted by a raptor :)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

2 hours ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Fucking triggered m7. 

They're great, well at least ones made at home and Chipotle.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization