I need and want a smart watch

FinestRyeBread

What's a smart watch that is water resistant, needs to last like 8hrs of use (mainly notification checking and time checking) and cost doesn't matter. I'm located in the US. ty

Also I'm on android

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

You are the first Person on Earth who need a smart watch.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just now, Praesi said:

You are the first Person on Earth who need a smart watch.

Mainly for work (the notification part)

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

1 minute ago, paprikman said:

The choice kinda depends on what phone do you have.

forgot to mention (fixed) that I'm on android

bump

The Huawei watch is good if you want to buy one right now, it might be worth waiting because there are a few new smartwatches coming out soon

For battery and water resistance, and since you're primarily looking to use it for receiving notifications, I'd have to suggest a Pebble. My Pebble Time Steel lasts around 5 days or so and the display is always on so 8 hours wouldn't be a problem. It's water resistant to 30 metres as well.

I don't use apps on it much, mostly notifications which sounds like what you're wanting anyways. Pebble released their own "Send Text" app awhile so I primarily use that and an app called "Music Boss" which is awesome for media control. It's great at being a watch first, smartwatch second kind of thing. Plus in my (limited) experience with a Moto 360, Pebble's physical buttons are a much nicer way to navigate a smartwatch than a touchscreen. You don't obscure the content and can do things like skip songs without looking at the watch.

On 9/8/2016 at 3:33 PM, mistertimn said:

For battery and water resistance, and since you're primarily looking to use it for receiving notifications, I'd have to suggest a Pebble. My Pebble Time Steel lasts around 5 days or so and the display is always on so 8 hours wouldn't be a problem. It's water resistant to 30 metres as well.

I don't use apps on it much, mostly notifications which sounds like what you're wanting anyways. Pebble released their own "Send Text" app awhile so I primarily use that and an app called "Music Boss" which is awesome for media control. It's great at being a watch first, smartwatch second kind of thing. Plus in my (limited) experience with a Moto 360, Pebble's physical buttons are a much nicer way to navigate a smartwatch than a touchscreen. You don't obscure the content and can do things like skip songs without looking at the watch.

time or time round

3 hours ago, FinestRyeBread said:

time or time round

The Time Round has a battery life quoted at a day, and isn't water resistant. If you want that you'll need to get a Time. 

On 7.9.2016 at 9:39 AM, FinestRyeBread said:

What's a smart watch that is water resistant, needs to last like 8hrs of use (mainly notification checking and time checking) and cost doesn't matter. I'm located in the US. ty

Also I'm on android

pebble , 8 days on average (classic model) , resistant to 30 meters i believe , tonns of apps and stuff like that (useful ones atleast) 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list