A good, but budget friendly mechanical keyboard?

harveylong26

Looking to buy a mechanical keyboard, what would you guys recommend which is budget-oriented.

I found this on Amazon, don't know if its good or not. Also, what's the difference between the different types of MX switches?

My Build: G3258 OC@4.4GHz - Raijintek Aidos - 8GB Ballistix Sport - H81M-S2H - ASUS R7 250 1GB OC - Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 - EVGA 500+ BRONZE - Windows 10 Pro - Logitech MX Master & K800 Keyboard

My Laptop: Macbook Pro (mid 2010) - C2D @ 2.6GHz - 8GB Apple Ram - Nvidia Geforce 320m 512mb - 850 Evo 120GB + 500GB WD Blue - OS X Sierra

4 minutes ago, harveylong26 said:

Looking to buy a mechanical keyboard, what would you guys recommend which is budget-oriented.

I found this on Amazon, don't know if its good or not. Also, what's the difference between the different types of MX switches?

Different types of MX switches have different feels to them. Some have a click (blues/greens), some have a bump (browns/clears), some have nothing at all (reds/speeds/blacks). This may sound weird right now, but once you try them you'll get what I'm saying. Also, they have different actuation forces, some take more effort to push down (clears) while some take little effort to actuate (speeds).

27 minutes ago, CatFishery said:

i would sugest upgrading your 1 gb gpu in your build you got listed there

RX470 is coming, sometime after the 15th of this month (hopefully)

My Build: G3258 OC@4.4GHz - Raijintek Aidos - 8GB Ballistix Sport - H81M-S2H - ASUS R7 250 1GB OC - Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 - EVGA 500+ BRONZE - Windows 10 Pro - Logitech MX Master & K800 Keyboard

My Laptop: Macbook Pro (mid 2010) - C2D @ 2.6GHz - 8GB Apple Ram - Nvidia Geforce 320m 512mb - 850 Evo 120GB + 500GB WD Blue - OS X Sierra

Ducky one, They got backlighting effect and you can choose all available switches

Built on September 2013

Motherboard : ASRock 990FX Extreme3, CPU: AMD FX-8320, GPU: AMD Radeon R7 370, 8GB RAM

That depends on your definition of "budget-oriented". If you want something around the £30 price point an alternative option is the "Qisan Magicforce". I do not personally own one but I heard it's quite good. The layout is somewhat special so I don't know it this is what you are looking for.

The Magicforce is available with different switches. You can get one with real cherry MX switches. But there are also options with Gateron or Outemu switches. These are MX clones. So that means that they are compatible with MX keycaps but some people say that they are of lower quality. 

If you really want the keyboard, watch the video 

If you want another keyboard watch this video

On 9/5/2016 at 7:33 PM, harveylong26 said:

what would you guys recommend which is budget-oriented

Find the keyboard you want, then wait and keep an eye out for a sale. 

I got:

• Corsair Strafe MX Silent - retail $150 USD, on sale $85 at Best Buy (user posted the deal on this forum)
  • Logitech G710 - retail $130 USD, on sale $50 (Best Buy Black Friday, non-door buster, there was a huge stack of em on Saturday)
  • Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2016 - retail $110, on sale for $55 (CES 2016 50% off sale, free shipping)

The no-name brands can get away with selling keyboards at these prices all the time, so you know the big name brands are still making a profit even at half off their retail. 

Shop smart

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS