What's Your current Tech Hardware Priority?

Phase change :)

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

We should not easily dismiss those "from a different era". Cloud is not new and innovative, as much as marketers want to sell is as such. We saw it in the mid-90's, just with a different name. And we saw the failures of those who rushed to adopt. We also saw the success of careful adopters, who have been using "the cloud" for that many years. Often these gray execs have a lot of experience to sift "hot and good" from "just hot". When the corporate culture cannot tolerate IT failure, those who have seen the failure become much more cautions. And those who have seen fads may want to wait awhile to let a technology mature and prove longevity.The desire for longevity, however, is one I think may / should fade away. Technology is moving too fast, and we are in a generation of throw-away technology (think about current life-span of a cell phone!). Rather than looking for greatest longevity, perhaps IT should be designing for change. Position itself to take advantage of new technologies rapidly while minimizing risk. At the same time corporations must define and allow some failure points, recognizing these as the price of innovation (and, of course, factored into ROI analysis).

Bought a tonne of stuff for my water cooling project recently so not going to be buying anything else till Christmas. 

At that point maybe a GPU for my secondary rig (G3258 + HD6870). Probably an RX480 or GTX 1060 just so I can test the bottleneck haha. 

I also want to upgrade to a 34" curved 1440 monitor but that will have to wait till February bonus time. 

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop

Probably a case. Looking at either the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe once the tempered glass version we saw at Computex comes out, or a Mastercase Maker 5. I may think about another component, but saving is slow going for me so anything like a GPU or CPU may be outdated by the time I actually build my rig lol.

I need a case. My motherboard is mounted to a piece of wood.

I would love to pick myself up one of the newer GPUs. Starting college has left me with no fun money ;)

Nothing. 

I will not touch my PC until some of the parts become malfunctioning. 

Wasted way too much money on it. (6 SP120 fans, H100i water cooling for a unclockable i7-4770, new 780T case, colored cables).

I will wait for the whole system die on me. 

I still want this pc to last at least 3 years, preferably 4-5 years.

Then I will throw everything out. Build my self a budget/mid range mini itx PC in the node 304, if I can even find one at that point of time.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Looking out for VEGA so GPU's yes... OR another DDR4 Dimm if the games need that.

9 of 10 voices in my mind say I'm crazy. The tenth hums the melody of Tetris.

gpu(gtx 1060)+psu, mouse and keyboard.

gpu because I currently use a GT 640, psu because I currently use a hp one, mouse because I use a hp one and same with keyboard.

6 hours ago, PureAwesome20 said:

I would want a Gtx 1080 or a 4k monitor.

That would cost a lot...

new headset, current one is almost broken, already sent rma request so yeah

and a 1440p monitor would be really cool :D

just got a new keyboard and mouse is good and pretty new, so my setup is fine except for the main monitor which is vga and has some weird effects (shadows behind text)

TITAN X (Pascal)

Just joined the forum? Read this:

A Quick Guide To Get Started

Need Help Doing Something? Read this:

Guides & Tutorials Catalog

Need a New SSD? Read this:

Droidbot's SATA3 SSD Tier List

Need a New PSU? Read this:

PSU Tier List

In the mood for some memes? Look at these:

Linus Memes

Want to know my PC Specs and Peripherals?

Spoiler

CPU - Intel Xeon E5 2609 v3     Motherboard - ASRock X99 Extreme3      RAM - 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4      GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 SC      

Case - Inwin 103       Storage - HyperX Savage 240gb SSD      PSU - 550W Enermax NAXN      Display(s) - 2x Lenovo L27i-28, Dell 24"      Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum     Keyboard - Corsair K95 Platinum MX Speed      Mouse - Logitech G900      Sound - Audio Technica ATH-M50x     Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Join the LTT F@H Team!

You can help scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

Start now: Folding@Home Install Guide and Links

Second GPU. That way I can comfortably mess with custom bios and ocing

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Well, I pretty desperately need a new PSU, since my PSU in my second PC can't cope with a 750 Ti. Then a new HDD or SSD, since it's currently running of some old 250GB drive which for some reason plays the windows XP sound on start up. Then I need a load more hard drives, for servers and things, and a way to mount a rackmount server. And after all that, I can think about upgrading my GPUs.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

I want a headphone amp/dac, current one I'm looking for is the Oppo HA-2

But I guess I need a part time job for that shit

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

An i7 for sure, then the Thermaltake P3 white. So excited for that one. I've had custom painted GPUs for 2 years and I will be able to finally show them off.

On 9/4/2016 at 11:37 PM, JacobVR said:

We should not easily dismiss those "from a different era". Cloud is not new and innovative, as much as marketers want to sell is as such. We saw it in the mid-90's, just with a different name. And we saw the failures of those who rushed to adopt. We also saw the success of careful adopters, who have been using "the cloud" for that many years. Often these gray execs have a lot of experience to sift "hot and good" from "just hot". When the corporate culture cannot tolerate IT failure, those who have seen the failure become much more cautions. And those who have seen fads may want to wait awhile to let a technology mature and prove longevity.The desire for longevity, however, is one I think may / should fade away. Technology is moving too fast, and we are in a generation of throw-away technology (think about current life-span of a cell phone!). Rather than looking for greatest longevity, perhaps IT should be designing for change. Position itself to take advantage of new technologies rapidly while minimizing risk. At the same time corporations must define and allow some failure points, recognizing these as the price of innovation (and, of course, factored into ROI analysis).

BRUH  WAT!!??!!

Details separate people.