Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I rev4.2 Bluetooth Issue with Windows 10

I have the Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I rev4.2 and wifi and bluetooth both worked okay upon initial installation using drivers from Intel's website. Weeks passed, then when I needed to use BT, the icon wasn't present on the taskbar. Couldn't find it in the settings either. I checked device manager, and could only see bluetooth when I enable show hidden devices. Checking its properties, I get error code 45. I tried to update the drivers using Intel Driver Update Utility and downloaded and installed new drivers, but still no BT. I uninstalled all the drivers from the device manager relating to BT and even WIFI. Reboot. Okay, no WIFI and BT. Reinstalled drivers. Reboot. WIFI is good, but still no BT. I even tried uninstalling all the WIFI+BT drivers again. Reboot. Install older drivers. Reboot. Still nothing. I keep getting Error Code 43 now. I even tried to flash an older version of my BIOS (MSI z97 Gaming 5), still I get the error 43. The GC-WB867D-I has an USB 2.0 port with the card, that works when I plug an USB to it so I guess the pass-through is okay as well. I haven't really kept track of the software/driver updates I did prior to this BT issue so I'm not sure what went wrong. I'm hoping I don't have a bad network card since I did get it to work for a few weeks and it's not even unplugged every now and then since it's a PCIe card. I'm out of ideas. Maybe someone has had this issue? Anyone?

PS: After I uninstalled the BT items from the device manager, it didn't show up again even after reinstalling the drivers from Intel. I even tried the drivers from Gigabyte's website.

• 1 month later...

I registered because you are the only other person I've run into with the same problem. I haven't found any solutions and reinstalling windows surprisingly did not fix the problem. I hope someone has an answer.

On 8/26/2016 at 3:46 AM, svrndmngjr said:

I have the Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I rev4.2 and wifi and bluetooth both worked okay upon initial installation using drivers from Intel's website. Weeks passed, then when I needed to use BT, the icon wasn't present on the taskbar. Couldn't find it in the settings either. I checked device manager, and could only see bluetooth when I enable show hidden devices. Checking its properties, I get error code 45. I tried to update the drivers using Intel Driver Update Utility and downloaded and installed new drivers, but still no BT. I uninstalled all the drivers from the device manager relating to BT and even WIFI. Reboot. Okay, no WIFI and BT. Reinstalled drivers. Reboot. WIFI is good, but still no BT. I even tried uninstalling all the WIFI+BT drivers again. Reboot. Install older drivers. Reboot. Still nothing. I keep getting Error Code 43 now. I even tried to flash an older version of my BIOS (MSI z97 Gaming 5), still I get the error 43. The GC-WB867D-I has an USB 2.0 port with the card, that works when I plug an USB to it so I guess the pass-through is okay as well. I haven't really kept track of the software/driver updates I did prior to this BT issue so I'm not sure what went wrong. I'm hoping I don't have a bad network card since I did get it to work for a few weeks and it's not even unplugged every now and then since it's a PCIe card. I'm out of ideas. Maybe someone has had this issue? Anyone?

PS: After I uninstalled the BT items from the device manager, it didn't show up again even after reinstalling the drivers from Intel. I even tried the drivers from Gigabyte's website.

I doubt this is going to help you, but make sure your the card has a USB power cable connected to the motherboard. My wifi was working and the bluetooth wasn't until I plugged that in. Now it all works.

• 10 months later...
On 2016-08-26 at 3:46 AM, svrndmngjr said:

I am having the exact same issue (with the same card and motherboard, please let me know if you found a solution....I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of, including all the steps you listed above)

• 1 year later...

windows 1903 has same issus of BT not working Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I upto yesterday it work fine but now it not event showing in device manager