HOLY $H!T - Quadro M6000

5 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Sooooo...When's a Firepro review coming?

I wouldn't expect one at all, to be honest.

I REALLY hope this is not the only M6000 content they have prepared. I honestly hope they're gonna do a series of videos on the Quadro, not just this.

Also, they picked a Maxwell Quadro, which has absolute shit FP64 performance (Double Precision).

Maybe if they tried a FirePro, or a different Quadro (one with decent FP64), they might actually see what increased FP64 performance can actually do.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 hours ago, Bigun said:

Dated Warriors reference is dated.

Dude I guarantee you that 90% of the LTT forum members and viewers are too young to have ever even seen or even heard of the movie The Warriors.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, PocketNerd said:

Go look at the videos on the Razor Core ;)

could you link me?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

18 minutes ago, Ramamataz said:

could you link me?

Dude just go to youtube.com and type in:

Linustechtips Razer Core

It's the first hit (after the channel itself)

The video is called "Desktop Graphics for Any Laptop". This is from 1 month ago.

The video right below that one is called "Razer Core Revisited - All Questions Answered" and is from 2 weeks ago.

Just now, dalekphalm said:

Dude just go to youtube.com and type in:

Linustechtips Razer Core

It's the first hit (after the channel itself)

The video is called "Desktop Graphics for Any Laptop". This is from 1 month ago.

The video right below that one is called "Razer Core Revisited - All Questions Answered" and is from 2 weeks ago.

Oh that. Nvm then, I saw that one am talking about a real really old school egpu. Like Express card eGPU. Not this fancy stuff, linus said he was going to make a video about it. Evident here.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Just now, Ramamataz said:

Oh that. Nvm then, I saw that one am talking about a real really old school egpu. Like Express card eGPU. Not this fancy stuff. 

You're talking about like a USB graphics adapter or something?

What exactly do you want to know about them?

You're certainly not going to get gaming level performance on ANYTHING that costs $60.

Just now, dalekphalm said:

You're talking about like a USB graphics adapter or something?

What exactly do you want to know about them?

You're certainly not going to get gaming level performance on ANYTHING that costs $60.

check my post again.  For image

2 minutes ago, Ramamataz said:

check my post again.  For image

Oh. When you said "Like Express card eGPU", you really threw me off.

I doubt that video is finished yet, or the results weren't interesting enough to have a finished video. How long ago did he tweet that image?

You could always ask @nicklmg, and he can probably tell you whether to expect the video still or not.

Either way, I do not expect his "poor man's Core" to work very well.

@nicklmg can we expect a poor man's razor core and by poor I mean litterally 100$-200$ eGPU express card or mPCI

6 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

It works pretty well apparently. 

19 hours ago, megaant4 said:

Not worth the money imo..

It is if you do CAD work, rendering work and stereoscopic 3D work.

5 minutes ago, Ramamataz said:

It works pretty well apparently. 

According to who?

29 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

According to who?

tons of videos on youtube that's whooooooo.

Just now, Ramamataz said:

tons of videos on youtube that's whooooooo.

Care to link some as evidence to your claim?

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Care to link some as evidence to your claim?

ok here is the TL:DR version of his video

Yes you still can game on the Quadro, the myth saying you cant game on a CAD professional card is just a big fat lie

but the main reason why we dont suggest Quadros for consumers is because the price of the Quadros esp the mid to top end cards cost as much or way more than the consumer gaming graphics card.

paying 5000 dollars for a GPU which performs similar to a Titan XP just to play Crysis 3, GTA5 or Doom dont even make any sense

and weirdly the Quadro is slower in the test case which Linus used in the video

prob because of driver and software not optimized on the Quadro

the ironic thing is that for the price of 1 Quadro, i can get 3 Titan XP and using the same software I can get faster render speeds

yes professional work like 3D or stereo 3D movies do need workhorse like Quadros which can run 24/7 and only in HP workstations or server racks using only passive cooling. But 12GB in fact is plenty for the 3D artist in terms of VRAM. The programs they use for the 3D animation take up more system RAM. One image which they load up onto the PC alone takes 24GB so that is why their workstations have a minimum of 32GB and some even going up to 64GB of RAM.

How I know this?

Well I once worked for LucasFlims Singapore office for a few months as the IT engineer. So i know their hardware specs.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

so  the industry guys have it worse than us , i mean it's overpriced just for the vram & perform as a 5x less costing flagship for consumers

Details separate people.

Linus forgot to mention that Quadro's can be GenLock'ed. GeForce you can't. This means you can have 2 or more graphics card from 2 or more PCs output a contentious image perfectly in sync. So, for example:

In a simulator, you have a multi-projection screen:

Flight%20sym%201.jpg

If you do this setup with normal GeForce graphics card, as you move the plane, you'll see splits between the image of each projectors, because while everything renders in 60Hz, the starting point of each is off by a bit, making this split visible as you fly.

So to fix this, you need each graphics card to render with the projector identically. Have a common starting point and auto-adjust any further offsets. This is where GenLock comes in.

quadro-m6000-sync-ac.jpg

You can install this PCI card, and you connect it to your Quadro graphics card, then you plug Ethernet cables between each computers GenLock cards, and then both systems graphics card will have its timing identical and in sync, solving this problem.

In addition, doing this: multi-GPU on multi-PC setup, gives the ability, for the longest time: simultaneous multi-projection. This feature can now be done from a single graphics card, it is new to the GeForce 1000 series (Pascal).

If you recall, it was this thing:

2016_NVIDIA_Pascal_FINAL_published-page-

Where the image on the multi-monitor setup would be distorted if you put the screens in an angle. And that is why on the 180 screen projection above, the image is not stretch on the edges.

Now, you COULD make it work with GeForce graphics card, but it would require unofficial GenLock cards, and graphics card mods which would make them only workable in a gen lock setup, and of course, this whole hack is not supported.

Another thing that Linus forgot to mention, is that Quadro's include Nvidia dev support, from engineers from Nvidia. And general support for any questions (something you don't really have if you call for a problem to Nvidia, for your GeForce. They 'll probably tell you to call ASUS, MSI, EVGA, or whatever your graphics card manufacture is for assistance). It is part of the price.

Also, it includes, supposedly, more rigorous testing of drivers, and optimization added for specifically CAD software.

Linus should have tested the performance of complex models for CAD software. Quadro cards have additional features support that do things better and faster. For example, Quadros are faster at processing double-sided polygons compared to GeForce, and support DirectX and OpenGL features specific to CAD related software.

Also, the circuit board is better designed for reduce error issues. You will never see 1px, that appears of the wrong color by a small offset of what it should be, at 1 specific frame being rendered. But this error will throw off your calculations that you might perform with the GPU, if you were to do calculations with it. It is all part of having ECC memory. ECC memory is useless, if the rest of the board causes errors. That is why server equipment, like motherboards cost a lot more. Yes production is less, which contributes to the higher price, same for actual good support and so on, and support ECC memory, but the whole board has error correction. Sadly, doing a good board design is costly. Not to mention, Quadros are designed to run in a real hot environment 24/7. Making it perfect for rendering 3D movies and such.

10 hours ago, dragoon20005 said:

Yes you still can game on the Quadro, the myth saying you cant game on a CAD professional card is just a big fat lie

I don't think people say this... it is more that there is no performance improvement in gaming, and installing GeForce drivers to get game optimization of newly released games (Quadro drivers release are slower), then you turn your Quadro into a GeForce, making it a total waste.

20 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Why is Linus slamming the box down ont he table, carelessly ripping tha bag open and flipping the $5000 card in the air like its a $1.05 water bottle?

When you work with expensive things you don't seem to think of value as much. I was installing a pile of switches today. You don't think about how they cost 10000 each. You just use it.

@nicklmg Why was pny and nvidia reluctant to give you the quadro? Can we expect it in more videos?

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

Just now, LittleCarrot said:

@nicklmg Why was pny and nvidia reluctant to give you the quadro? Can we expect it in more videos?

and more importantly, what was the top secret stuff Linus did to get one? xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

and more importantly, what was the top secret stuff Linus did to get one? xD 

sellout /s

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

@scottyseng

I'd love to learn more about Quadro effectiveness in CAD apps or tricks "Especially in C4D as most plugins use GPU VRAMs" but I don't mind paying like $9500 for a personal render server that might last long or a starter one from a fine budget to earn experience first before I pay too much in something I might misused "I already have my college studio for heavy works but under limited time". I may really like some video reviews to have an idea of Quadro ability but I think you are right. these cards are difficult to review because of the target consumer and I guess linus was lucky to have a chance. 

On 8/25/2016 at 10:31 AM, SamStrecker said:

They are not rated for 24/7 use. @GoodBytes friend had his GeForce card catch fire just from being on for a long time.

If I wake up dead Ill get back to you

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Just now, Swndlr said:

If I wake up dead Ill get back to you8

Well I can claim to have my GeForce card on for a long time too (folding and games and stuff) and it's never caught fire once yet

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.