Computercase fan keep being at full speed.

TheOne1080

Hey guys,

I recently got my new pc, a very good company where I ordered my parts assembled it for me. But I noticed something strange. The noise...

I have a Phantek Enthoo evolv ATX Tempered glass computer case which has his own pwm-hub. All 3 Case fans and the ?Cpu fan? are connected to this hub. A cable with 'Board cpu fan' is plugged in 'CHA_FAN4' on my motherboard and the other end on the 'CPU Fan' plug in the hub.

Might be something wrong there? 

It is really annoying, all the fans of the case run at full speed all the time, when gaming this is not a problem as I always play with a loud sound or a headset, but my head starts to hurt from the noice when I try to browse the web or something.

The cpu fan is running at full speed all the time aswell, mostly 1620rpm, in never got below 1520rpm. Also I have AI Suite 3 form Asus with Fan Xpert 3 which allows me to change the fan speeds but it says I don't have a cpu cooler, fan 1, fan 2 and fan 3. It only shows Fan 4 which guess is because the cpu hub plug is connected to 'CHA_FAN4' on the motherboard. So I tried silent mode on Fan 4. And my rpm of the cpu fans dropped to 0 in Corsair Link. But I was able to see trough the case that were still on though but on a lower rpm. I just set everything back to normal and I was hoping if anyone could help me out here?

Because I don't think it should be normal for cpu and case fans to run at full rpm all the time or is it?

Specs:

Case: Phantek Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass

Cpu cooler: Corsair Hi100 V2 

The reason Fan Xpert says you have no CPU fan is because the fan connector for the CPU cooler is not connected to the "CPU fan" header on the motherboard, but to the chassis fan connector through the hub. Since you're using a hub you will not see the individual fans and all are controlled at once IIRC.

For the slowing down on silent mode, my guess is that maybe silent doesn't mean completely off here, but just the lowest rpm possible.

I'd suggest connecting the cooler to the CPU fan header and try to set the speed of the case fans manually within the software.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

You can monitor your fan speeds In the BIOS.