[US-Amazon Prime] Vizio 5.1 Soundbar w/ Rear Speakers. $149.99 ($249.99 REG)

Clifford

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SMBGGV6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Been waiting for this set to go on sale foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr. 

Add to your cart to additional $50 off if you are a prime member. If you're not a Prime member it's $199.99 which I still would have bought. Amazon just jooged me though. :)

Here's the camelcamelcamel : 

http://camelcamelcamel.com/VIZIO-SB3851-C0-Wireless-Subwoofer-Satellite/product/B00SMBGGV6

Intel 2600k @ 4.5 GHz | CoolerMaster 212 Evo | ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe | XFX 7950 Black Ed. Corsair Vengeance RAM (4x4GB)NZXT Phantom 820 | Rosewill 1000w Bronze

ASUS VN248H-P IPS | LG E2742 | Logitech Z623 | Logitech G600 |Steelseries QcK Heavy | Corsair K90 MX Red | Ducky Shine Year of the Goat MX RedErgotech Freedom Arm

Just bought that before seeing this. 

I'm going to use the bluetooth to use it on my PC. 

9 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

Just bought that before seeing this. 

I'm going to use the bluetooth to use it on my PC. 

Good stuff. I'm planning to use it with a 50 Inch Vizio 4k TV.:D

Intel 2600k @ 4.5 GHz | CoolerMaster 212 Evo | ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe | XFX 7950 Black Ed. Corsair Vengeance RAM (4x4GB)NZXT Phantom 820 | Rosewill 1000w Bronze

ASUS VN248H-P IPS | LG E2742 | Logitech Z623 | Logitech G600 |Steelseries QcK Heavy | Corsair K90 MX Red | Ducky Shine Year of the Goat MX RedErgotech Freedom Arm

I'm so confused. What is the difference between this and typical surround sound (receiver and 5 speakers)? Is it a cost thing?

2 hours ago, JohnT said:

I'm so confused. What is the difference between this and typical surround sound (receiver and 5 speakers)? Is it a cost thing?

One thing is definitely costs as traditional speakers might need a AMP/Receiver. There are pros and cons though mainly being traditional speakers like bookshelf ones have a better sound stage where as soundbars spread out the sound more evenly. As a broke college student, price is definitely one of my biggest concerns so I can stick with this and when I have an actual job and can afford the nicer things I will look into a full home theater surround setup. 

Disclaimer: I'm no audio expert, but this is what I vaguely remember reading a while back.

7 hours ago, Clifford said:

As a broke college student, price is definitely one of my biggest concerns

Okay so then I have some advice if you don't want to remain broke as you grow up. Don't buy silly things like this at retail prices. Craigslist and eBay are your best friends.

3 hours ago, JohnT said:

Okay so then I have some advice if you don't want to remain broke as you grow up. Don't buy silly things like this at retail prices. Craigslist and eBay are your best friends.

$100 off is retail? Sure I guess... 

EDIT: I just went on eBay and it's $229.99 brand new, $179.99 refurbished. This is BRAND new and cheaper than BOTH of those, soooooooooo......

I have this soundbar and sub (not the satellite speakers) and I can confirm that it's pretty great for the price. It was $160 from Sam's club (cheapest by $10 at the time) when I got it a year ago.

"LTT's official.."STOP. I promise you aren't LTT's official bagel eater or whatever. Trust me.