Thought's about this Section of the Forum.

Demos

As I was browsing "New Builds and Build Logs". Lots of "Will you please look at my build for me" post's have been appearing. Now, This is a Build-specific section of LinusTechTips forum, but surely there should be a section similar to Reddit's Build-a-PC, and a section dedicated to fully completed builds and Build Logs.

I love helping out newbie's chosing parts and steering them in the right direction, but I also love to check out other peoples awesome rigs. I really hate wading through all the newbie's to get to the finished builds. One of the reasons why I continually post in BaPC over on Reddit, but theres also a specific function to "auto-search" for Completed builds.

Just thought I'd post my opinions on it. I'd love to see if we can nip this in the bud before we're over-run by "Need the a-ok on my build, can you guys help?!?!" posts in between the builds where people spend insane amounts of time and money on them, and make an effort to show them off, and they get pushed to the bottom by 1000's of non-finalised builds.

Reddit does this quite well, with /r/buildapc and /r/buildapcforme. Both fantastic subreddits and something I'd love to see here.

TL;DR: I like Build Logs and completed builds, I also like helping out newbies. I propose a new section be created specifically to act as a place for new builders to ask their questions.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

I gotta say I completely agree with everything you said. I'm all for a new section.

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w

Seems as though I can't edit my post, Yay VBulletin5.

If this thought does get picked up by the higher ups, Other Mods, Admins or even the Legendary Slick and Linus, I would volunteer to maintain such section of the forum, as I am a work at home free-lance graphic designer. So plenty of free-time in between work and Battlefield 3.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

I agree, there should be a "Help with building a PC" and "Showcase your beast of a rig"

Definitely agree.

To be honest, I'm more interested in helping people choose their builds than I am with telling someone why their build is not well-rounded ;)

@SlickPC, make a Computer Build Help section ;P

Totally would love to see a forum come about like this so I can give back to the people who helped me :3

I APPROVE OF THIS!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)