Anyone else kinda bored with custom loops?

ttam

I've been doing custom loops in my machines for as long as I can remember now but with my new machine I just found myself not wanting to do it. I got sent a EK Predator 360 and threw it in my machine and it's doing more than what my 6950x is needing. Sitting here looking at all the watercooling parts has me just going meh.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Extreme first world problems man.... 

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

9 minutes ago, ttam said:

I've been doing custom loops in my machines for as long as I can remember now but with my new machine I just found myself not wanting to do it. I got sent a EK Predator 360 and threw it in my machine and it's doing more than what my 6950x is needing. Sitting here looking at all the watercooling parts has me just going meh.

Seems like you need to find a build that will challenge you.

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

Sitting here looking at my ugly setup with a Pentium has me just going those watercooling parts are worth more than my setup..

*Grabs Revolver*

*Fires*

*Realizes hes to broke to buy a bullet"

Hopefully my 2017 Setup will be allot better

I've been thinking about switching to aio's for both cpu and gpu lately.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

28 minutes ago, ttam said:

A bit, that's why I would also do a custom case too. If it's worth doing it's worth overdoing.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

45 minutes ago, ttam said:

Yeah.

I had a leak on my currently only watercooled PC. It took a mobo and my GPU with it. So got a new board, stuck a air cooled card in, ran a flex tube to reroute around the old GPU.

It's ghetto, ugly but it works.  I've done flex, PETG, Glass tube loops.

My 6700k machine got an H100 because I stopped caring about custom loops. You do enough of them, have the accumulated parts, but in the end, it's alot of work that only causes alot more work.

I used to REALLY care about the smallest amount of dust, or I'd look at the color of the coolant to make sure it was fine. Now it's like, meh it could be brown coolant, caked in dust and it's like, whatever.

Now Im back to the H100 and air cooled video card. Little to no maintenance, and the ability to know when its cleaning time, it's 10-15 minutes max.

33 minutes ago, astrosheen said:

Seems like you need to find a build that will challenge you.

Built 1000s of machines and it's my day job so nothing really challenges me anymore lol

32 minutes ago, vong said:

I've been thinking about switching to aio's for both cpu and gpu lately.

I've only ever used them in customer builds and some reviews but this one is treating me well. I only ever did big WC setups to well OC and see how big I could get my epeen in benchmarks

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix

18 minutes ago, ttam said:

Built 1000s of machines and it's my day job so nothing really challenges me anymore lol

I've only ever used them in customer builds and some reviews but this one is treating me well. I only ever did big WC setups to well OC and see how big I could get my epeen in benchmarks

Done case modding yet?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

3 hours ago, Energycore said:

Done case modding yet?

I have a custom desk case and done a bunch of just powder coating cases but modding really doesn't sound fun