Radwagon Review

YES! More Taran :P

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Rad!

>would buy if not so expensive.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

14 minutes ago, zMeul said:

1600$ for a bike?! someone lost their marbles

boy you have not seen racing bikes which cost a few thousands or up to 20-30K for a full carbon fiber bike

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Just now, dragoon20005 said:

boy you have not seen racing bikes which cost a few thousands or up to 20-30K for a full carbon fiber bike

a racing bike is a racing bike for a very specialized purpose

this is a fucking street bike

Considering that you can get a used car for less and considering how many faults that fresh OOTB bike had, I don't know if I'd call what it has to offer very impressive.

And yes, a car would end up costing you more in the long run, but it would also have a roof, seat 4 and go way faster than 20mph.

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

a racing bike is a racing bike for a very specialized purpose

this is a fucking street bike

http://www.mobot.sg/e-bicycle/

there are many e-bikes out there selling for much more money

Taran already mentioned that there is no way you can find anything cheaper and reliable

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Just now, dragoon20005 said:

http://www.mobot.sg/e-bicycle/

there are many e-bikes out there selling for much more money

Taran already mentioned that there is no way you can find anything cheaper and reliable

who the fuck cares!?

you can find a moped for similar price

I just want to post a few links to e-bike sites for those who want to know more about e-bikes: https://www.electricbike.com/ and https://endless-sphere.com/forums/index.php 
These sites are for people who are interested in building or repairing e-bikes and other battery powered vehicles. These sites really helped me when starting from nothing. You can build bikes that easily go 30-45 mph for 1500$ if you really want to. 

YYYEESSS, you finally reviewed an e-bike. I've been waiting for it since you started reviewing those other electric "vehicles". Especially that shitty scooter. 

@TaranLMG

You should build your own ebike. You can get better specs for the price if you DIY. PM me if you want help with this project :)

That said, $1600 for a cargo ebike isn't that bad, assuming it has decent quality components, but you could do better.

I built my ebike for about $600 total. 

6 minutes ago, zMeul said:

who the fuck cares!?

A moped requires a license and registration.

You can ride a bike many places you can't ride a moped.

You get exercise while riding a bike.

Bikes are much more user-serviceable and if something goes wrong, easier and cheaper to fix. 

You might not be the target audience, but ebikes are amazing. 

My Rig: CPU: 3570k@4.4Ghz | GPU: XFX r9 270x | Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 | RAM: 16GB DDR3 2133 | Cooler: Hyper 212+

PSU: OCZ 700w | Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Z | Headphones: AD700 | Case: NZXT M59 | Monitor: 144hz 1080p

10 minutes ago, zMeul said:

who the fuck cares!?

Then guess what, then this bike isn't for you.

This is a great e-bike who has to haul stuff every now and then with its load capacity of 350 lbs.

Bicycles are cheaper, and easier to maintain than a moped. There is a place for products such as this, but they are simply not for you.

12 minutes ago, TheYonderGod said:

You get exercise while riding a bike.

Bikes are much more user-serviceable and if something goes wrong, easier and cheaper to fix. 

a motorized bike .. you kidding right!?

how much is that Li-ION battery pack to replace? how much is that motor to replace / service

is there a problem if a moped required a driver's licence?

---

I dunno how's the international legislation

but if you have a card driver's licence you're automatically qualified for a moped

11 minutes ago, zMeul said:

a motorized bike .. you kidding right!?

how much is that Li-ION battery pack to replace? how much is that motor to replace / service

is there a problem if a moped required a driver's licence?

---

I dunno how's the international legislation

but if you have a card driver's licence you're automatically qualified for a moped

Yes, you can pedal as much or as little as you want. The motor will just make you go faster and extend your range. 

The particular battery on this bike would be about $400 to replace, and there are other options. That is the most expensive component of an ebike, but it has no moving parts, and as long as you treat it right, should last a while. If an individual cell dies, it's like $3 to replace. 

Yes, there is a problem with things requiring more barriers to entry. 

Like I said, it might not be for YOU, that doesn't make it bad for everyone. 

My Rig: CPU: 3570k@4.4Ghz | GPU: XFX r9 270x | Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 | RAM: 16GB DDR3 2133 | Cooler: Hyper 212+

PSU: OCZ 700w | Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Z | Headphones: AD700 | Case: NZXT M59 | Monitor: 144hz 1080p

Just now, TheYonderGod said:

that doesn't make it bad for everyone. 

it makes a bad purchase

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

it makes a bad purchase

for you.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think the RadMini looks pretty sweet. B]

R7 7700 | RTX 4060 8GB | 32GB DDR5 | 2TB NVME

i7-4790S | RTX A2000 6GB | 16GB DDR3 | 1TB SSD+HDD

28 minutes ago, zMeul said:

it makes a bad purchase

I'm still not sure how it would be a bad purchase. For you? Probably. Since a moped (or similar) likely fit your needs better.

But you can convert an ordinary bike to e-drive for anywhere between $250~400. Which makes it a lot more suitable for those looking at getting an e-bike.

As Taran says in the review. "Don't buy something like this unless you know that you're going to use it. Make sure biking is already apart of your life, and then you can take it to the next level with an e-bike like the Radwagon."

That's an ugly bike! And how are you supposed to haul the 350 pounds? It's seems to have not enough space for that on the back rack, unless you are going to move very heavy items.

YEEES! Now you're covering both things I'm highly enthusiastic about! Bikes and PCs! I'm usually more for traditional bikes without a motor but in this case it actually makes sense cause it is a pretty heavy lifter. There are two things about this bike, though which I find particularly glaring - lose spokes shouldn't happen ever when you buy new. I bought some cheap ass ~20€ 28inch wheels for my shopping bike (so it's also lifts pretty heavily) and despite the rather thin 37-622 mantles they never went out of true. Also I really don't understand how they needed to put a battery charged backlight on it on an E-Bike of all things - a cable costs only a few cents more but I guess you can fix that up yourself. Anyway, otherwise it looks good for the money and I'd look into one if the wheel problems were fixed - otherwise it kinda ruins the price/performance.

Edit: I just noticed that the shifter is pretty much the cheapest one that shimano has to offer - an SIS tourney. Those are certainly not terrible and do their job (if properly aligned) with normal street conditions but that would part of the reason why it's so cheap. Higher quality ones make it easier to shift while treading heavily against high resistance (on an inclination for example) but since the motor releaves the shifter from stress in this case it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Also it looks as if it's a pure steel frame instead of alluminium or (maybe an alloy at best?) which would be the cheapest and heaviest frame material you could get. Would be nice to get some additional info about that. That would pretty much explain the low price.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

2 hours ago, zMeul said:

1600$ for a bike?! someone lost their marbles

Have you seen the cost of a regular road bike?
I have one that cost £2000 ($3300), another that cost £1000 ($1668).

They aint cheap and to be honest are made of stronger or more technically advanced stuff than most cars (I have ceramic bearings in one of them, the wheel just spins forever!),,, add in much much smaller production lines  (probably looking at 1 for every 1000 cars) you can start to understand it.

Now, to the bike in question.
A battery assisted cargo bike.
IS A GREAT IDEA!

Seriously, I dont take my bike to the shops, its totally impractical to even attempt to carry anything, but the car is impractical and costly to no lesser degree doing the mentioned short trips.

In Italy, you see those 3 wheel scooter/moped boxes that serve the sole purpose of small trips and baggage carrying, with the cars there purely for long trips. You almost never see someone going locally by car and for things like traffic management (grid lock), convenience (small, easy to manoeuvre, no searching for a parking space), affordability (less to go wrong on a bike, no taxes, no petrol), you would see a lot more free time and a lot less on the living expenses side of things pretty quick on one of these.

Now the main issue, nobody in the UK provides something like this,,, zero, zilch. 
We have electric bikes but they are huge, heavy, not practical at all and really intended to be more like a mobility scooter than something that anyone can use.
Not that fast either (combo of weight and power I assume. Dont know about speed limit laws here).

I reckon pairing one of those bikes with a small trailer you could haul quite a lot.

And that said, been building bikes since I was 5. And I can weld, and actually have gear I could apply to this. Hummmmmm. Off to the local skip to find a frame,,, start a personal project. 

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard! 

A SLEEVELESS SHIRT FOR THIS PIECE OF DIRT MAKES THAT SWEET PUSSY GO SQUIRT

What kind of Cannondale road bike does Taran have?