Corsair 900 D Out Dated?

RWT98

I really like how the 900D looks, its my first choice for my upcoming water cooling build. The price is pretty high but you get what you pay for. My only concern is that there is a better case I could get with the 300 Dollars. Anything you guys like that I should give a shot over the 900D?  

For $300 you should get something with tempered glass. For instance:

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

17 minutes ago, CustomPartsForPcs said:

I really like how the 900D looks, its my first choice for my upcoming water cooling build. The price is pretty high but you get what you pay for. My only concern is that there is a better case I could get with the 300 Dollars. Anything you guys like that I should give a shot over the 900D?  

You would have to define "better".... better as in better aesthetics? that is a personal choice. Better for mods, customization, or modularity? Better as in room for your watercooling?

The 900D is still a behemoth of a watercooling case. TONS of radiator space, TONS of drive bays, fits every single motherboard format (as far as i'm aware) and so on. There are plenty of good reasons to get a 900D. But its not the best at everything. Its not extremely modular (check out Be Quiet's Dark Base Pro 900). It doesn't have epic TG side panels or an exciting aesthetic (although I do personally like the look of it, but you could get something like what xGGAx linked up there if its more your thing). The 900D is awesome, but its also massive (If you want watercooling without the footprint, you could get something like the Fractal Define S, its also a lot cheaper)

So no, I would not say that the 900D is outdated by any means. If what you want is no compromise radiator space and expansion, then the 900D is one of the best on the market. But there are certainly other options out there if you don't think you need that much radiator space