LG G3 in 2016

Raboo

I can get a new LG G3 for $200 CAD, my current phone is a Moto G 1st gen. 

Is this a good upgrade or should I wait a bit for newer phones to come down in price and get something a bit newer? My Moto G works fine its a bit laggy at times but fine for me, I don't do any gaming on my phone just reddit, texting, email, web browsing. 

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

i had the lg g3. the screen for it is terrible, mostly due to one of the first flagships pushing 1440p. that is remedied with a removable battery but the screen itself is quite dim and dull-looking. 

Personally for your uses I'd stay with the moto g and wait a year and see what new phones will come out. If you don't mind importing a xiaomi redmi note 3 pro would be a very very good upgrade and performs similarly to last years flagships.

29 minutes ago, david cassar said:

Personally for your uses I'd stay with the moto g and wait a year and see what new phones will come out. If you don't mind importing a xiaomi redmi note 3 pro would be a very very good upgrade and performs similarly to last years flagships.

I forgot about the xiaomi redmi note 3, It will be on my watch list when I upgrade. 

30 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I wouldn't think it'd be that bad for what you're doing. However maybe look at something a little newer?

30 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

i had the lg g3. the screen for it is terrible, mostly due to one of the first flagships pushing 1440p. that is remedied with a removable battery but the screen itself is quite dim and dull-looking. 

The screen and the age of the phone killed it for me, I will look for a newer phone instead of the g3. Thanks. 

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

14 hours ago, Raboo said:

I forgot about the xiaomi redmi note 3, It will be on my watch list when I upgrade. 

The screen and the age of the phone killed it for me, I will look for a newer phone instead of the g3. Thanks. 

I'd wait like a month because xiaomi are going to be releasing some new phones in the coming months.

1 hour ago, david cassar said:

I'd wait like a month because xiaomi are going to be releasing some new phones in the coming months.

I definitely will, thanks for the heads up. The redmi note 4 looks very interesting. 

20 hours ago, Raboo said:

I can get a new LG G3 for $200 CAD, my current phone is a Moto G 1st gen. 

Is this a good upgrade or should I wait a bit for newer phones to come down in price and get something a bit newer? My Moto G works fine its a bit laggy at times but fine for me, I don't do any gaming on my phone just reddit, texting, email, web browsing. 

I have a G3. Its getting kinda slow. I play Candy Crush Saga (Damn it I got bored one day). The game chugs a lot. For texting, callings and web browsing I dont notice much. I think I might be a ram limitation. Honestly considering how old the G3 is, Id look for something newer. I heard the G4, G5 and V10 are all crap so Id stay away from those, this is coming from a T Mobile employees we talked to when we had to send my sisters V10 in for Warranty. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.