Will this PSU be good for my build?

Amgzzz

Ive already looked at the sticky thread for how to buy the right PSU. I cant spend much money on a PSU right now. I would like to know if this is a good one https://m.newegg.com/Product/Index?itemNumber=N82E16817182330.

Specs of PC:

2 4GB DDR3 sticks

EVGA GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB VRAM

Samsung 250gb SSD

intel i5 4460

3 case fans, one cpu fan

I would like to add an extra hard drive without the PC using too much wattage

1 minute ago, Amgzzz said:

Ive already looked at the sticky thread for how to buy the right PSU. I cant spend much money on a PSU right now. I would like to know if this is a good one https://m.newegg.com/Product/Index?itemNumber=N82E16817182330.

Specs of PC:

2 4GB DDR3 sticks

EVGA GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB VRAM

Samsung 250gb SSD

intel i5 4460

3 case fans, one cpu fan

I would like to add an extra hard drive without the PC using too much wattage

That system will never breach 200W, you're fine. I'd grab a Seasonic M12 for less.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

At that price, you're better off with a Seasonic S12II, a Corsair CM550M (CXM, not CX), even something like an EVGA 500B or 600B if you're squeezing pennies but still want a reliable unit.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

Just now, aisle9 said:

At that price, you're better off with a Seasonic S12II, a Corsair CM550M (CXM, not CX), even something like an EVGA 500B or 600B if you're squeezing pennies but still want a reliable unit.

Im done with EVGA, I had a 400watt continous PSU and it wouldnt even allow me to add an extra hard drive, it just disabled my GPU

Agreed, you have to remember that the higher grades of PSU 80 plus ratings dont run as efficiently at the low end of power draw as they do at the higher. for example my rig which consists of i5 2500k and gtx 950 plus some other junk takes 330 watt make tdp and I have a bronze rated 650 thermaltake which is most efficient(90%) at 50% load which is around what my system draws under load. A higher grade PSU may be more effiecient at 5 to 6 hundred but may be very inefficient at the load you are running :P hope that helps  

Windows[I5 2500 3.3Ghz-3.7Ghz 4 cores 4 threads][12gbs of Samsung DDR3 1600 Mhz Ram][MSI GTX 1050 TI 4GB OC]

Apple[IPhone SE] [Imac 21.5 dual core 3 Gghz][Time Capsule 3TB]

Linux[Several laptops]

3 minutes ago, Amgzzz said:

Im done with EVGA, I had a 400watt continous PSU and it wouldnt even allow me to add an extra hard drive, it just disabled my GPU

EVGA's 430W PSUs are pure, utter garbage. Everything else is at least passable. I have a pair of 500W EVGA K PSUs in PCs here, and have zero complaints about them. Wouldn't put the K units in high-end gaming or heavy load productivity systems, but when used properly and if you get them on sale, they're a good value.

Still, though, you can do much better at your price point.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

EVGA's 430W PSUs are pure, utter garbage. Everything else is at least passable. I have a pair of 500W EVGA K PSUs in PCs here, and have zero complaints about them. Wouldn't put the K units in high-end gaming or heavy load productivity systems, but when used properly and if you get them on sale, they're a good value.

Still, though, you can do much better at your price point.

Ok so what PSU can you recommend in the 50-60 dollar price range that is intel 4th gen ready? Im not even sure if i need that feature but since i have a 4460, why not?

7 minutes ago, Amgzzz said:

Ok so what PSU can you recommend in the 50-60 dollar price range that is intel 4th gen ready? Im not even sure if i need that feature but since i have a 4460, why not?

Seasonic S12II

1 hour ago, aisle9 said:

Seasonic S12II

Thanks for helping me out man, I will order it soon.