Why are your thoughts on 20 million dollar prize pool of Dota 2?

LongQuaDynasty

I think Dota2 is overrated in the sense that it's all for money and no longer for winning games as a TEAM.

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2016 at 4:51 PM, demonaii said:

This means that LoL is getting irrelevant and makes room for the true champion which is Dota 2.

cff[1].png

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2016 at 7:26 AM, UberGamerKing said:

Absolutely stupid.

I would be fine with that money being in Rocket League (their world final is only $55000)

Rocket League, like CSGO takes years of practice.

Dota is just point and click for the most part

And why do you think it has any relevance in determining the prize pool? Is this the "Nobel Prize to skills in hard to play games"?

The money you can make in any sport, "e" or otherwise, depends solely on how much money can be made around it from broadcasts, sponsors, etc. It pays money because it makes money.

On 9/18/2016 at 4:51 PM, demonaii said:

This means that LoL is getting irrelevant and makes room for the true champion which is Dota 2.

DOTA's active player base: About 8 million

L.O.L active player base: Over 100 god damn million.

Yeah, DOTA's closer to being irrelevant over League. 

17 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

DOTA's active player base: About 8 million

L.O.L active player base: Over 100 god damn million.

Yeah, DOTA's closer to being irrelevant over League. 

Dota2 active playerbase is 13million. The thing though is that Dota2 is more relevant in the pro scene. League is a more casual game in comparison (although still competetive compared to many other games). Pros from other games than Dota2 switched to it because it's a much much better game to play competetively. Valve doesn't nerf or buff items or heroes because the playerbase wants it, they do it according to the pro scene. Which sucks for regular casual players because the gameplay is different in a casual matchmaking game than a serious team vs team one. Now obviously the main reason why LoL is so much bigger is because they were first, the first Dota doesn't count since it was A: a mod. B: a game that cost money, so not f2p like LoL and Dota2 is now.

Anyhow, it's kind of stupid to say that any of those games are anything close to irrelevant when they're top 5 most popular games of all time and both are growing...