Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows Log errors on startup and massive issues

So trying to keep this organized...

I was going to take my computer to a shop to have it professionally optimized until my friend told me to download and run Ccleaner to see if that sped me up accurately enough to my builds speed. Well since I ran Ccleaner I have had log errors on startup (appdata\local\temp(Numbers)log) two of these pop up with different numbers. since this has started my firefox has gotten blackbars or just would not load the page.if  i leave to go shopping and come back my mouse may stop working and its just a disaster. Any way to repair and find what may have been damaged by ccleaner?

22 minutes ago, TradeMarkdKill said:

professionally optimized

Scam (sorry, but it is). Reinstall windows if you need it "optimized". Modern windows doesn't need optimizations. Just uninstall not-used programs and games and otherwise keep windows up to date. 

Regarding the problem at hand, I'd say CCleaner removed or altered registry settings or files that shouldn't have been removed. 

I believe it makes a backup of changes prior to removal. Try to restore the backup and reboot. 

if it doesn't make a backup or that doesn't work, then you my try to use the built in restore point on windows but that may or may not work and depends on whether you have a valid restore point to use. I'd expect you should. 

Otherwise, unless the issue is glaring, the quickest path to up and working again is to just reinstall windows. You can try to do an inplace install so you don't lose everything. It'll effectively repair the files and OS. 

3 minutes ago, FrankV said:

Scam (sorry, but it is). Reinstall windows if you need it "optimized". Modern windows doesn't need optimizations. Just uninstall not-used programs and games and otherwise keep windows up to date. 

Regarding the problem at hand, I'd say CCleaner removed or altered registry settings or files that shouldn't have been removed. 

I believe it makes a backup of changes prior to removal. Try to restore the backup and reboot. 

if it doesn't make a backup or that doesn't work, then you my try to use the built in restore point on windows but that may or may not work and depends on whether you have a valid restore point to use. I'd expect you should. 

Otherwise, unless the issue is glaring, the quickest path to up and working again is to just reinstall windows. You can try to do an inplace install so you don't lose everything. It'll effectively repair the files and OS. 

sadly i dont think i can get the harddrive I used as a disc to do any windows install.