Computer components at airport?

Coaxialgamer

I recently picked up an athlon 64 x2 4000+, a motherboard,  a cooler,  some ram,  an hdd and a psu for free.  

I'm taking the airplane from the usa to france in a few days,  and was wondering if it would cause any issues with security if i bring it in my carry on baggage? 

Shipping it through the mail isn't an option,  and i dont feel these parts are worth enough for that anyway.  I'd rather not put in in a suitcase ( seeing how they are usually treated + i have no more space) .  Will it be a problem through security?  

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

12 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

I recently picked up an athlon 64 x2 4000+, a motherboard,  a cooler,  some ram,  an hdd and a psu for free.  

I'm taking the airplane from the usa to france in a few days,  and was wondering if it would cause any issues with security if i bring it in my carry on baggage? 

Shipping it through the mail isn't an option,  and i dont feel these parts are worth enough for that anyway.  I'd rather not put in in a suitcase ( seeing how they are usually treated + i have no more space) .  Will it be a problem through security?  

probably. at the very very least the PSU will give u trouble. maybe the HDD and the Motherboard as well

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

Just now, Cosmopath said:

Only issue I can see with this is the power supply. To the average security guy who's not tech-savvy I could understand it sorta looking like a bomb. You're probably good, but always be prepare to explain what they are.

Sure,  i mean that generic oem psu is probably a security hazard anyway :D

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

18 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Sure,  i mean that generic oem psu is probably a security hazard anyway :D

ahahaha. well it makes sense. :D

I flied from Manchester - Abu Dhabi - Melbourne - Auckland a month ago, absolutely no problems Motherboard with CPU in, 2 hard drives, 1 SSD, macbook in my carry on luggage. 

and my Power Supply and cables in my main luggage, no problems, no damage :D. Just make sure to bring your HDD's and fragile items in hand luggage, and bubble wrap the s*** out of everything :)

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.0GHz // Motherboard: MSI Gaming 3 Motherboard // RAM: 8GB Kingstone 1833MHz  // GPU: Saphire R9 390 Nitro // HDD: 500GB Toshiba // SSD: 120GB Sandisk // PSU: 550w 

Games: F1 2016, GTA 5, TrackMania Stadium, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, COD Black ops 1. 

Huge fan of Formula 1. 

Twitter: RAFAndrew

8 minutes ago, Andrew657nz said:

I flied from Manchester - Abu Dhabi - Melbourne - Auckland a month ago, absolutely no problems Motherboard with CPU in, 2 hard drives, 1 SSD, macbook in my carry on luggage

did you put them in their respective boxes? or did you just put them in a bag or just wrapped them with bubble wrap?

I did not have the original boxes, so I bubble wrapped them then found a box in my house that the part would fit in well. 

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.0GHz // Motherboard: MSI Gaming 3 Motherboard // RAM: 8GB Kingstone 1833MHz  // GPU: Saphire R9 390 Nitro // HDD: 500GB Toshiba // SSD: 120GB Sandisk // PSU: 550w 

Games: F1 2016, GTA 5, TrackMania Stadium, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, COD Black ops 1. 

Huge fan of Formula 1. 

Twitter: RAFAndrew

good for you. you didn't encounter any major problems.

I know lots of people that have brought GPUs with them has carry-on while the rest of their computer was in the check luggage and they never had issues.

Show up early with the intention that they mite want to check it out. They will do their swab test on it to check if has touched explosive material. When it all comes back negative they will send you on your way. 

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

No security issues. Even in Heathrow which is notorious for being anxious. I would put just the HDD in your carryon and the rest in the luggage for ease.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.