2 different sets of ram dont work together

I have a set of 2x4gb Hyperx fury black 1600 ddr3 and I recently purchased a set of PNY 2x4gb 1866 ddr3, but when I tried to put them into my motherboard, gigabyte  ga-78lmt-usb3, they won't match. If I put in all 4 of the sticks, my pc won't boot. If I put in one set at a time, it works. If I put in 2 fury sticks and one PNY stick, it only says I have 4 gigs installed. Anyone knows how to fix this?

2 minutes ago, SirWiggel said:

I have a set of 2x4gb Hyperx fury black 1600 ddr3 and I recently purchased a set of PNY 2x4gb 1866 ddr3, but when I tried to put them into my motherboard, gigabyte  ga-78lmt-usb3, they won't match. If I put in all 4 of the sticks, my pc won't boot. If I put in one set at a time, it works. If I put in 2 fury sticks and one PNY stick, it only says I have 4 gigs installed. Anyone knows how to fix this?

You might have to put them in the right order.  Make sure xmp isn't on.  They might not be compatible. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

4 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

You might have to put them in the right order.  Make sure xmp isn't on.  They might not be compatible. 

I was looking for xmp in my bios settings, but i couldnt find it, PNY advices to turn it on for installing it tho...

No actual way to fix it. The sticks aren't compatible with each other. Simple as that. This is why you should always use identical sticks. Not only the make but the model too. It's not like it's impossible for mismatch sticks to work, but it's a luck of the draw. 

If you really want to try something, even at the risk of breaking hardware (sticks, CPU, mobo) try forcing on the worse settings (the higher voltage, the slower speed and the longer timings) between the two. I'd personally not go there and definitely see what the warranties have to say about using mismatch kits.

Just now, SirWiggel said:

I was looking for xmp in my bios settings, but i couldnt find it, PNY advices to turn it on for installing it tho...

XMP is an proprietary Intel feature. AMD boards don't have it.

5 minutes ago, SirWiggel said:

HyperX Fury doesn't use XMP. So it might be because of that.

Set timings manually 10-12-12 1866MHz tRFC of 248 and 1.65V

3 hours ago, SirWiggel said:

They recommend it for better performance, assuming you are only installing those sticks. However, compatibility with other sticks is not granted, especially if they are rated differently: you can't run the sticks at different speeds.

So, with any combination that will let you enter BIOS, change any RAM setting to default values, and then try adding an additional stick and check the settings in BIOS again. Your sticks may never work well together, but your best shot is to use the JEDEC standard timings, which all of them should be able to use. That means you'll be limited to 1333 or 1600, but still better than not booting. If that works, then you can start experimenting with different settings, to see if all 4 sticks can handle some timings other than the JEDEC standard.

3 hours ago, Naeaes said:

XMP is an proprietary Intel feature. AMD boards don't have it.

That is simply not true, every AMD board I've worked with allows you to load the XMP profile. I even have some AMD ram sticks which come with both XMP and "AMP" profiles in them. It's simply is a record of the timings the stick is rated for, and can be freely read, hence freely used by anyone. But even if you can't automatically set it it the BIOS, you can always read it using CPU-Z -> SPD tab, so worst case scenario you write it down and then input it manually.

Again, if he can't get all 4 sticks working at JEDEC, no point going to XMPs.