Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to overclock on an Intel DZ77SL-50K?

I've been wanting to overclock my 3570K for ages now, but I can't figure out how to do it in the BIOS for this motherboard.  I can't seem to locate and set an explicit "Core Multiplier," and the closest thing I found doesn't do anything when I boot into Windows.  Since I probably can't screencap in there, I have some pictures of the relevant screens, and I can provide more if needed.

 

http://imgur.com/a/zyUbi

[witty signature]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Processor Speed didn't do it? That's what I'd expect to be your "multiplier".

 

If not, try enabling turbo boost and then doing the OC. Sometimes, disabling it impedes your from OCing.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

Processor Speed didn't do it? That's what I'd expect to be your "multiplier".

 

If not, try enabling turbo boost and then doing the OC. Sometimes, disabling it impedes your from OCing.

No, no matter what I set it to I the multiplier stays at 34, according to CPU-Z.  I tried enabling turbo boost and bumping the multiplier to 38 and I'm still at 34.

[witty signature]

Link to post
Share on other sites

use this if it wont take or you dont have the option then its disabled

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

main rig

Spoiler

 corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

no i think you only can do ref clock OC but that will fuck with sata and PCI so its probably the MB . i  just check it it does support K chips so its either the MB or the chip i would say if you can get a different MB but its old chipset so a update would probably be the best . new amd/intel or cheap xeon /amd one. did you buy it new or was it used the MB/cpu when you got it

main rig

Spoiler

 corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, gamerking said:

no i think you only can do ref clock OC but that will fuck with sata and PCI so its probably the MB . i  just check it it does support K chips so its either the MB or the chip i would say if you can get a different MB but its old chipset so a update would probably be the best . new amd/intel or cheap xeon /amd one. did you buy it new or was it used the MB/cpu when you got it

Both were second hand.  CPU only used once, mobo refurb.

[witty signature]

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Timmy-P said:

Both were second hand.  CPU only used once, mobo refurb.

ok there are 2 paths cpu or motherboard

 

i will start with the easy one the MB is locked somehow cant be used to OC a K chip .

 

for the cpu only reason i even put this is its fairly common where i am on cragis list the cpu may be a locked version of that cpu not a real K chip spreader from a K chip on a non k so 4690 with a 4690k heatspreader or its just a dam dud . thats why i said replacing both just removes the problem or buying a spare chip and MB if they work fine then its the gear you have

main rig

Spoiler

 corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gamerking said:

ok there are 2 paths cpu or motherboard

 

i will start with the easy one the MB is locked somehow cant be used to OC a K chip .

 

for the cpu only reason i even put this is its fairly common where i am on cragis list the cpu may be a locked version of that cpu not a real K chip spreader from a K chip on a non k so 4690 with a 4690k heatspreader or its just a dam dud . thats why i said replacing both just removes the problem or buying a spare chip and MB if they work fine then its the gear you have

I fully understand what you said.  The in-OS utility and the MoBo identify the CPU as unlocked, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to overclock it.

[witty signature]

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Timmy-P said:

I fully understand what you said.  The in-OS utility and the MoBo identify the CPU as unlocked, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to overclock it.

you (CAN) change that for a non k chip its just shows unlocked but is still locked .kinda like what people do to older gpus and say they are newer with new cooler and a bios mod

main rig

Spoiler

 corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×