Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Corsair H100i v2 fan speed not detected by Corsair Link

I just built my first rig and I seem to be having a small issue. My Corsair H100i v2 shows in Corsair Link that the fan speed is running at 0 RPM and can not be adjusted, but I can clearly see that my 2 corsair fan that are plugged directly into the pumps Y-spliter are both running. I can see the pump speed and the temperatures and fan speed of everything else in Corsair Link.

 

My mother board is the Asrock Fata1ity x99m Killer and the pump is plugged into the "cpu fan 2" on the mobo. I did this because my case fan hub was a 4 prong and he corsair was a 3 prong. (CPU fan 1 is 4 prong and cpu fan 2 is 3 prong).

 

Is there something I can do to fix this? I would assume I would want be able to adjust my fan speed when I decide to overclock my CPU.

 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the fans that are plugged into the Y splitter both 4 prong PWM fans? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Are the fans that are plugged into the Y splitter both 4 prong PWM fans? 

Yes, the fans are both 4 prong and the the plugs on the splitter that connect to the fan are 4 prong, but the part that plugs into the mobo is 3 prong.The splitter is the one that came with the H100i v2, incase that was a question.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Firefox365 said:

Yes, the fans are both 4 prong and the the plugs on the splitter that connect to the fan are 4 prong, but the part that plugs into the mobo is 3 prong.The splitter is the one that came with the H100i v2, incase that was a question.

The plug that parts into the mobo is just pump RPM readout for the CPU. 

 

Make sure that the Link cable is plugged into a USB header on the motherboard. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

The plug that parts into the mobo is just pump RPM readout for the CPU. 

 

Make sure that the Link cable is plugged into a USB header on the motherboard. 

It should be, I can go into Corsair link and change the RBG Lighting on the Pump which If i remember correctly can only be done if the usb is hooked up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Firefox365 said:

It should be, I can go into Corsair link and change the RBG Lighting on the Pump which If i remember correctly can only be done if the usb is hooked up. 

You're looking at the right option in Link? For fan control. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I can see now that I can control the speed of the fan, but I still can't get a reading.. still says 0 rpm.

2.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×