Corsair K70 LED Buzz Problem

MrFub

Hello,

I wasn't sure to post this in audio or peripherals.

I have a really annoying problem I just cant figure out how to fix, maybe you do?

My Corsair K70 has been causing buzzing in my headphones and in my earbuds.

It started less than a week ago.

Here is a little background on the problem

I had buzzing coming from my headphones which are plugged into the front of my computer, so I switched to the rear audio port same buzz.

I tried using a different pair of headphones, same buzz. 

I heard that some USB devices could cause a buzz so I removed them one by one and found out that my keyboard is the culprit.

Whenever I use the LEDs on my K70 the buzz appears. It gets worse every time I increase the brightness of the LEDs.

I have tried my keyboard on a laptop and another computer and the buzz is not there.

It could be my motherboard I am not sure... My motherboard is an ASUS Maximus VII hero. 

I am not sure exactly what is going on and I need help :/

First of all, try plugging the keyboard into all the different USB ports on the PC (it could be that one port that is faulty)

Second, have you plugged in the keyboard with both cables?

The K70 keyboards come with two USB plugs: One for keyboard power, and one for extra juice for the LED controller and the LEDS themselves. HOWEVER you only need to use both if they are plugged into USB 2. If you have USB 3, then you only need to plug in one of the plugs (The one with the keyboard icon on it) because one USB 3 port can supply enough power for all the functions on the keyboard. (The two plugs is to accommodate for the lower power capacity of USB 2). If you're getting a buzzing noise, make sure you only have the one necessary plug actually plugged into the motherboard.

Disclaimer - I don't know if this will work, (the keyboard could just be faulty) but it's worth a shot.

Source: K70 RGB owner.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Dargenfire said:

First of all, try plugging the keyboard into all the different USB ports on the PC (it could be that one port that is faulty)

Second, have you plugged in the keyboard with both cables?

The K70 keyboards come with two USB plugs: One for keyboard power, and one for extra juice for the LED controller and the LEDS themselves. HOWEVER you only need to use both if they are plugged into USB 2. If you have USB 3, then you only need to plug in one of the plugs (The one with the keyboard icon on it) because one USB 3 port can supply enough power for all the functions on the keyboard. (The two plugs is to accommodate for the lower power capacity of USB 2). If you're getting a buzzing noise, make sure you only have the one necessary plug actually plugged into the motherboard.

Disclaimer - I don't know if this will work, (the keyboard could just be faulty) but it's worth a shot.

Source: K70 RGB owner.

Ok I have tried all of the USB ports and still get a buzz. 

I also just used the keyboard cable and still a buzz... 

I don't think it is the keyboard since it worked without a buzz on other computers. 

Should I post in a different sections like troubleshoot or audio?

2 hours ago, MrFub said:

Ok I have tried all of the USB ports and still get a buzz. 

I also just used the keyboard cable and still a buzz... 

I don't think it is the keyboard since it worked without a buzz on other computers. 

Should I post in a different sections like troubleshoot or audio?

Just ask a mod to move this thread to audio.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯