Is the 1080 FE worth it?

Scarfold

So i'm building my first pc and had planned to buy EVGA's 1080 FTW but it seems impossible to find it in stock, i cannot wait more than 2 days to buy the card so if i don't find it before my deadline is it worth buying the Founders Edition?

If you don't mind the extra cost? Then yes, awesome card, but you can get a better card for less from one of the board partners, so my advice is wait for them to be in stock.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

no, cant you get a card from another brand or just a different model from EVGA

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

no, cant you get a card from another brand or just a different model from EVGA

besides the FTW i have also been looking for the superclocked, and the msi gaming x, but finding them in stock is also a challenge.

2 minutes ago, Scarfold said:

besides the FTW i have also been looking for the superclocked, and the msi gaming x, but finding them in stock is also a challenge.

then accept the challenge :D 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

They all clock roughly the same, better off with an aftermarket cooled one though, founders seem cherry picked, but beyond 2050mhz performance gains are minimal.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

9 minutes ago, super_skank said:

They all clock roughly the same, better off with an aftermarket cooled one though, founders seem cherry picked, but beyond 2050mhz performance gains are minimal.

You should know the card before posting.

The gains are not minimal when the card can hold it's boost speed better. Some games it's not that big a deal, and in others it makes a big difference.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7776/zotac-geforce-gtx-1080-amp-extreme-fastest/index6.html

If anyone asks you never saw me.