Would anyone reccommend this Dell laptop from Best Buy?

Here is the link to the laptop I am talking about: http://bit.ly/29yfBp8

I am looking around at laptops for school and don't really want to go over $1,000 (USD).  I found this one and the specs impressed me but I am not sure if I should go with it.  The laptop features a 6th Gen. Core i7-6500U processor, a 512GB ssd, 12GB of DDR4 SDRAM, and integrated intel graphics.  The screen also rotates all the way around into a tablet-ish looking mode.  The big question is, is it worth the money?

What will you do in school? Also, get something durable.

Almost breaking sig rules 1.0

Hi,

I am actually a Dell vendor for a few different Best Buy locations in WA. That laptop is pretty nice as far as specs go, and will go pretty well for you, but the biggest issue I have with it is its lack of a 10-key. If you look at several of the HP models, which are of similar price, you will find the 10-key and nearly identical specifications (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy-x360-2-in-1-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-hp-finish-in-natural-silver/5238400.p?id=bb5238400&skuId=5238400). Both of the two are still 2-in-1s, so you'll have the benefit of being able to fold the display all the way back. Also, if it is just for school, you will rarely see any benefit to the i7 lineup, compared to the i5 lineup. If you are looking to save money, you may want to look for an i5 model. 

Just now, CosmicNations said:

get a   Asus ROG GL552  if you want a powerful laptop with a little gaming and durability on your freetime

plus lit keyboard for working in the dark

36 minutes ago, Woodman567 said:

Here is the link to the laptop I am talking about: http://bit.ly/29yfBp8

I am looking around at laptops for school and don't really want to go over $1,000 (USD).  I found this one and the specs impressed me but I am not sure if I should go with it.  The laptop features a 6th Gen. Core i7-6500U processor, a 512GB ssd, 12GB of DDR4 SDRAM, and integrated intel graphics.  The screen also rotates all the way around into a tablet-ish looking mode.  The big question is, is it worth the money?

If it is for school, then you should take into account the battery life. No point in having great specs if you can't use it in class for longer than 2 hours. I have an inspiron 13 and the battery lasts me 7-ish hours for note taking. https://goo.gl/WdPNNu Also, if you buy that, you get a free tablet.

Edited by Hulkbert

19 minutes ago, CosmicNations said:
20 minutes ago, CosmicNations said:

get a   Asus ROG GL552  if you want a powerful laptop with a little gaming and durability on your freetime

Most laptops come backlit these days, and dragging around that heavy thing with little to no battery life would suck. Save your money and get something you wouldn't mind lugging around between home and school.

58 minutes ago, TeoIzAwezome said:

What will you do in school? Also, get something durable.

I will be taking a Computer Science class, do some music making, and possibly some light video editing

49 minutes ago, CosmicNations said:

I am not really looking for a gaming laptop, it's more for doing Computer Science projects and light video editing, and other school related stuff.

On 7/25/2016 at 10:22 AM, CosmicNations said:

This laptop does have a lit keyboard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 8/11/2016 at 0:28 PM, joshuaneigh said:

Just wondering, what did you end up grabbing?

lol this is so late, but I did end up getting this laptop xD and it has suited me fantastically, and will throughout college and then some