Question about stuff help plz

XplosiveNoctua99

I am planning to get a rx 480 Crossfire set up and I am wondering... the new mobo that i want has a 16x slot :) and a 16x slot that runs at 4x... will that 4x slot ever run at 8x??? and if not. will it make a big difference between 8x and 8x??

thanks (i have an i5 4590 which has 16pice lanes :P ) PLOZ HALP

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

That i5 will bottleneck your two 480s. I'd run one until you're able to upgrade your CPU.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Just now, App4that said:

That i5 will bottleneck you two 480s. I'd run one until you're able to upgrade your CPU.

o.O really

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

Not in all games, but you're already going to be limited by crossfire support, you don't want to add to that. One 480 is more than enough at 1080p if that's your resolution. 

Just now, App4that said:

Not in all games, but you're already going to be limited by crossfire support, you don't want to add to that. One 480 is more than enough at 1080p if that's your resolution. 

Im gonna try and play at 1440p or 4K :P

Which one? Both would be better with a single powerful card. So if you don't have the monitor yet and want to use AMD, get a 480 and trade up to Vega once in launches. Crossfire isn't like daisy chaining LED lights. It requires support from the developer. And you have twice the heat and power used. I've run crossfire, I know. 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Still doesn't answer my other question

Just now, XplosiveNoctua99 said:

Still doesn't answer my other question

You won't notice much of a performance hit, if at all. I ran my at x8. 

Oh! If you run a wireless adapter though watch the slot it's connected to. That can screw you up. M.2 as well

Just now, App4that said:

Oh! If you run a wireless adapter though watch the slot it's connected to. That can screw you up. M.2 as well

Ethernet :)

M.2 i dont have one :P

Just now, XplosiveNoctua99 said:

Ethernet :)

M.2 i dont have one :P

You should be golden then, as long as the motherboard supports crossfire. 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

You should be golden then, as long as the motherboard supports crossfire. 

Yeah... it doees

3 minutes ago, XplosiveNoctua99 said:

Yeah... it doees

Well, if you're committed allow me to offer some very useful advice. 

Make sure you have air moving from the front and bottom of the case to the rear and top. 

Turn your power supply so that it's not exhausting into the case. 

If you can hold out for the Sapphire Nitro, the top card is going to be a furnace so you'll want the best cooler you can get.