Best prebuilt?

BottleMeANeck

Don't, just build a PC. Does your budget include peripherals?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Just now, App4that said:

Don't, just build a PC. Does your budget include peripherals?

i really think building a pc takes allot,most the cables,$5000 for just the pc

Build a PC for better value and experience. Otherwise, go to NCIX US and get them to do it for you.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, BottleMeANeck said:

i really think building a pc takes allot,most the cables,$5000 for just the pc

Building a PC is easy, here's a kid building one.

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

Build a PC for better value and experience. Otherwise, go to NCIX US and get them to do it for you.

is this NCIX US like a company? are they trusted? i don't want to spend this much money and find out they stole something or broke something

Here's the one with linus' son 

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

is this NCIX US like a company? are they trusted? i don't want to spend this much money and find out they stole something or broke something

That's why you build it yourself xD 

What games do you want to play?

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Building a PC is easy, here's a kid building one.

Try building a $5000 PC for the first time

1 minute ago, YubinTheBunny said:

Here's the one with linus' son 

You know,its funny because if i had a son i could just go to a shelf and say "Which one do you like? since whatever you pick its free and i don't pay a single dime!"

1 minute ago, App4that said:

That's why you build it yourself xD 

What games do you want to play?

Its not a gaming pc,this pc will be used as a business pc and a hardcore programming machine,2-3 videos rendering at the same time,multitasking and programming in HTML,CSS,Javascript,C++,C# and Python (please just don't....note i make a living out of this...)

3 minutes ago, BottleMeANeck said:

NCIX is reputable, I don't get prebuilts from them but I get parts from all of them all the time. Canadian based company.

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

7 minutes ago, BottleMeANeck said:

looking for the best prebuilt computer for around $5000

Build it yourself, get a Friend to Help. If you dont have anyone who knows how 2 build a PC just look up Youtube Videos. If you still feel unsecure just ask arround in the Forums, you´ll get someone to help you. Tell us what you want to do with the PC and maybe you can save a couple $$$$$$$

Linus has countless build log videos on his channel. Watch just some of them, especially the older ones, and you will have a very good idea of how to build a pc. As long as you get parts that work together, which there are plenty people online willing to do for you, building it is the least of your problems. 

Just now, nskceaj said:

Build it yourself, get a Friend to Help. If you dont have anyone who knows how 2 build a PC just look up Youtube Videos. If you still feel unsecure just ask arround in the Forums, you´ll get someone to help you. Tell us what you want to do with the PC and maybe you can save a couple $$$$$$$

Everybody i know is a programmer not a hardware expert

1 minute ago, BottleMeANeck said:

Its not a gaming pc,this pc will be used as a business pc and a hardcore programming machine,2-3 videos rendering at the same time,multitasking and programming in HTML,CSS,Javascript,C++,C# and Python (please just don't....note i make a living out of this...)

Just now, HalogeniC said:

Linus has countless build log videos on his channel. Watch just some of them, especially the older ones, and you will have a very good idea of how to build a pc. As long as you get parts that work together, which there are plenty people online willing to do for you, building it is the least of your problems. 

Having $5000 in my hands and to simple know that it can just die of static makes my hand shake,how am i supposed to put the CPU in the socket if my hand shakes like crazy

You dont need to be an "Hardware Expert" to put together some Legos for Adults lol.

Just now, nskceaj said:

You dont need to be an "Hardware Expert" to put together some Legos for Adults lol.

3 minutes ago, BottleMeANeck said:

Having $5000 in my hands and to simple know that it can just die of static makes my hand shake,how am i supposed to put the CPU in the socket if my hand shakes like crazy

Get a static strap or plug your PSU in and touch it once in while can solve the static problem. As long as you practice the right safety precautions, there shouldn't be a problem. Then again I kinda just touch parts all willy nilly and stuff hasn't died on me... yet.

Build

30 minutes ago, BottleMeANeck said:

Seeing how Linus worked at NCIX...

They're reputable. Doesn't make sense if they stole something and I'm sure they'll be covering any damage done by them.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

28 minutes ago, YubinTheBunny said:

Get a static strap or plug your PSU in and touch it once in while can solve the static problem. As long as you practice the right safety precautions, there shouldn't be a problem. Then again I kinda just touch parts all willy nilly and stuff hasn't died on me... yet.

This, I've never had a static strap, just ground yourself on something nearby, and don't work on carpet with socks. 

I definitely understand being nervous about having so much value in something that can die right away, but that's why you buy from a reputable company that will replace dead on arrival components.   It's not like you'll have the opportunity to mess the entire thing up at once unless you bodyslam the case with all of the components in it.  

33 minutes ago, BottleMeANeck said:

That's just silly, if you get a 10 core i7 6950x for $1800, and a ~$500 mobo it'll only be $2300 you can ruin at once! The gpu's come later. Unless you want to go a 22core xeon processor, but then you've hit your budget just on the cpu.  

But yeah, if you're nervous then having NCIX build it, a major hardware supplier, is a great idea. They'll charge you $50, but they'll supply and warranty all of the hardware themselves in house for the build, and there's no way they would steal anything.  You still get a much better system than a prebuilt. 

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=7842

1 hour ago, BottleMeANeck said:

Try building a $5000 PC for the first time

You know,its funny because if i had a son i could just go to a shelf and say "Which one do you like? since whatever you pick its free and i don't pay a single dime!"

I hate to say it but for video rendering you may want to consider a Mac Pro.

You don't want to spend $5000 on a PC.  There's a point in PC hardware where you're only paying a premium for having the best.  In other words, you can have 98% the same performance of a $5000 PC for ~$2000.

But to answer your original question.

2 hours ago, BottleMeANeck said:

looking for the best prebuilt computer for around $5000

There's no real 'best', exactly.  NCIX was mentioned who basically does the DIY part of the job.  I would recommend any vendor that uses aftermarket parts (basically an 'assembler').  A few common ones are iBuyPower or CyberpowerPC, although I know some shun those brands around these parts, they are the lesser of the evils for using the same parts that the DIY people use.  

Otherwise you can go with a vendor's "gaming" series PC (Asus ROG, MSI gaming, Dell Alienware, etc) which leans more towards using proprietary parts, although even these vendors are starting to imitate the more DIY type PCs.

My recommendation to someone who isn't keen on the idea of building a whole PC because either they don't have the time, steady hands, or whatever, is to actually find a buddy who can do it.  You probably know somebody that can do it and you just don't know it.  Just go on your facebook or whateves and offer $100 to a friend that can help you with a PC build. :P 

The more you do yourself, or research yourself, the better off you'll be.  But if you MUST go the prebuilt route, don't just shop on brand.  Learn the specs and stuff.  Get a good power supply for it, etc, etc.

tl;dr Here's what you want:

CPU: i7

GPU: Geforce GTX/AMD RX whatever

RAM: 16gb or more

a big ol' Solid State Hard Drive

EVGA Supernova Power Supply (if vendor doesn't let you choose power supply, get dat)

Motherboard choice doesn't really matter if you get a prebuilt

Ignore the people who keep telling you to build it yourself after you have said many times you don't want to. If I were in your position, I would select the parts that fit my budget and have a professional shop do the building in your city. That way if they fuck up, it's on them, not you.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

16 hours ago, Biggerboot said:

You don't want to spend $5000 on a PC.  There's a point in PC hardware where you're only paying a premium for having the best.  In other words, you can have 98% the same performance of a $5000 PC for ~$2000.

There's no real 'best', exactly.  NCIX was mentioned who basically does the DIY part of the job.  I would recommend any vendor that uses aftermarket parts (basically an 'assembler').  A few common ones are iBuyPower or CyberpowerPC, although I know some shun those brands around these parts, they are the lesser of the evils for using the same parts that the DIY people use.  

Otherwise you can go with a vendor's "gaming" series PC (Asus ROG, MSI gaming, Dell Alienware, etc) which leans more towards using proprietary parts, although even these vendors are starting to imitate the more DIY type PCs.

My recommendation to someone who isn't keen on the idea of building a whole PC because either they don't have the time, steady hands, or whatever, is to actually find a buddy who can do it.  You probably know somebody that can do it and you just don't know it.  Just go on your facebook or whateves and offer $100 to a friend that can help you with a PC build. :P 

The more you do yourself, or research yourself, the better off you'll be.  But if you MUST go the prebuilt route, don't just shop on brand.  Learn the specs and stuff.  Get a good power supply for it, etc, etc.

EVGA Supernova Power Supply (if vendor doesn't let you choose power supply, get dat)

Its not a gaming pc,its a pc for video editing 2-3 at the same time,HTML,CSS,JavaScript,C++,C# and Python,so in this case a i think a $2000 pc cant compare to a $5000 pc

Ok so i will try NCIX for them to build it for me...can anyone create me a $7000 machine since i think ill just save $2000 more before upgrading

29 minutes ago, BottleMeANeck said:

Ok so i will try NCIX for them to build it for me...can anyone create me a $7000 machine since i think ill just save $2000 more before upgrading

Well..... you should really talk to Tech Support at NCIX or whatever other reputable PC builder you pick.

But for the workload your shooting for... multi-video editing, compiling, etc... you probably want the latest goodies.  Shaving a few minutes off render times and compiling times can really add up over time.

An i7-6950x or maybe the latest Xeon.  An X99 Motherboard.  At least 64gb of ram, maybe since you have the budget, fill it up with 128gb.  An Intel 750 pCI-E NVME drive and probably a Quadro graphics card.  

That will put you over 5k.

17 hours ago, Biggerboot said:

You obviously didnt read the OP. This isnt a gaming pc, its a workstation.

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED