Can Teachers take your portable batterie?

Danielh90

(Hope you can understand it lol I wrote this at night half asleep)

Ok so I have a little of adhd not a ton. We had testing for full day aspire test I believe and I brought my phone,my wallet,a charger cord and a portable so after school or during lunch I can charge my phone if necessary (Also I bring all of those with me wherever I go. Anyways I walked into my testing room finding out I had a teacher that I know I would not get  along with. He is pushy/aggressive when you talk or he talks to you. So I was kinda ticked off about that. So Day started and we had Math,Science and Language Arts testing. So After math and science test I was just sitting there doing nothing because we can't have our phones out or work on other things. I started to move a little (because of my small adhd thing I have other problems but would like to keep that to myself) So after 3 hours of testing I started to move my rolling chair side to side. then I pulled out my portable charger because I needed to hold something for some reason and I was playing with making no noise at anytime I had that under the table with my head down. Then the (Teacher) walked behind and said give it to me I was caught off card on this and ask him when I would get it back or if I would get it back at the end of the day  and he said I don't know (another thing about me I don't like I don't know answers) My parents always told me a answer when I  ask them and I like to be told a answer. He told me he would have to kick me out I said fine. we went to find someone and she finally gave me a answer and said that I would give it to him and I would give it back to me. Their is more to the story but the basic. DOES HE HAVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE MY PORTABLE CHARGER? "it has no screen" and only a few small led light 

i mean its the same thing as having something other than a pen out in a test. you could have (for some odd reason) written test answers on it and used it to cheat. Legally he probably doesn't, but your school policy probably allows teachers to confiscate anything they are suspicious of. he shouldn't have a reason to take it, but he can.

best way to deal with it is to be polite and easy. Ask if you can just put it away, and if not just say "ok i will pick it up at the end of class"

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Don't pick up things after a test, ESPECIALLY tech stuff. You have no idea how teachers are going to react.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

You forgot these: , , , , , , , , , ,

I hope you don't speak like that in person. X:

Anyways, the short answer is: Generally, he's allowed to do that, as long as he gives it back 'some time'.

3 minutes ago, AlexTheRose said:

It’s too bad schools don’t take advantage of technology...

That's one of the biggest flaws in schools all around developed countries, the fact that the system hasn't changed in centuries.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

During testing, yes he does. If you have anything aside from a pencil, calculator if allowed and of an approved design, then they absolutely have the right to take it away, they don't know if theres something etched on it, or w/e that would allow you to cheat, or help someone else cheat.

Legally he also does; at least in the US they do. Testing periods are a tough time, it sucks but you've just got to put up with it. If you refuse, then they can toss your papers in the trash and kick you out, so its by far the best option to just give it to them so they can make sure you werent cheating or anything, and after testing give it back to you.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

5 hours ago, Gale said:

You forgot these: , , , , , , , , , ,

I hope you don't speak like that in person. X:

Anyways, the short answer is: Generally, he's allowed to do that, as long as he gives it back 'some time'.

That's one of the biggest flaws in schools all around developed countries, the fact that the system hasn't changed in centuries.

Sorry for forgot to put , again I as half asleep writing this 

6 hours ago, JuztBe said:

Don't pick up things after a test, ESPECIALLY tech stuff. You have no idea how teachers are going to react.

Another thing is I don't categorize my portable battery as a tech I put under batterie. Also I never thought of my battery as a tech. And the teacher did not know what it was also so he could of been taken away a box and not even know  it only did 1 thing

6 hours ago, AlexTheRose said:

It’s too bad schools don’t take advantage of technology, and instead insist on shunning it like it’s the root of all their problems with the kids.

As long as you don’t have it out during lectures/instruction, I really don’t see the issue. The high school I spent a year and a half at pretty much followed that logic to a T, but literally every other high school I went to banned them entirely, most including during lunch and in the halls, and some had literally no exceptions on school grounds. It’s ludicrous.

But what’s even more ludicrous than that, is the fact that the one HS I went to that had a sane policy about electronics was vastly better funded than all of the other schools. It’s almost like poor schooling perpetuates stupid behaviour.

It was fun at that first school of mine, though. Kids would bring their personal laptops to zero-hour in the cafeteria and have a gaming session with a nice set of cans. It was awesome.

I know they should bring tech in and put there test on the  computers I can think of around 100 way to make sure no one cheats/gets off of the test 

You were fidgeting with it so yeah, the teacher can take it off you.

It's your fault for having it out in the first place. Don't go off in a huff and cry that the teacher isn't a nice person because they're doing their job.

The best way to sort it out is by simply saying "Allah Akbar" and he would realise that its a bomb. No, I'm kidding don't do that. Just say to him that it doesn't do much and that you like to play with it, a bit like how some kids use blue tack as things to hold/play with when they need to. If he doesn't say yes to that then just simply say sure I will pick it up after class.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz