AMD Polaris Giveaway

Hey guys,

I am rocking an amazing GTX 760. Amazing in deed as it has not crached on me yet (fingers crossed!). The reason I want and AMD Polaris is just that I have not been on the red team yet. I want to know just what they can do in the affordable/mid range market.

So long!

currently using a R9 390 from Asus after my R9 280X died and RMAed the thing

The RX480 "looks" sexy (by looks I mean performs) ;)

Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein

I currently have a R9 290 that I have been using for a few years now. I'd like to upgrade to the polaris line because the 290 I have makes some clicking noises when the fans get going and is starting to lag behind even in 1080p. A polaris card would make it possible for me to upgrade to 1440p or even 4k in the near future.

So, uh, gibe nao plz

I am using a Geforce GT 220. And that also answers the question about why the need for a Polaris upgrade.

i have an AMD Asus R7 250x graphics card that can't support the latest DirectX and has drier issues which I am unable to fix 'cause updating the drivers doesn't work. If I open the wrong version of Civ V it will crash. tjis is why iw ould like a new graphics card, my current one is due an upgrade anyway...

I currently don't have a gpu in my rig and I can't play any of the games I own on steam.

I have a 560 Ti and want one of these to be able to finally drive 1080p @144Hz

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Hi, I own an r9 290 tri-x but I bought it second hand and it has some issues with gaming, like artifacts and crashing, though my fx 6300 is probably to blame for some of those, I wouldn't be able to sell the card to reduce the cost of a new one.

Im currently running the Sapphire HD Radeon 6850, which I purchased in 2011 to build my first computer. To upgrade to an AMD RX graphics card would be an amazing step up, and would put me one step closer to trying to improve my PC from 2011 standards. Thank you for having this giveaway, and for keeping us up to date on the latest tech news.

My Build: Thermaltake Chaser A31 Case - ASUS P8Z68-V - Intel i5-2500K - Sapphire HD Radeon 6850 - 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz - Corsair CX600 PSU - Intel 80GB SSD, Seagate 2TB HDD, and Seagate 4TB HDD -

My 9800 GT aint playing games no more. 1080p video stutters. Desperate for a new GPU and this shows up :D

Spoiler
Spoiler

I only have 1 RX 480. Help, 100fps in Doom on Ultra/Nightmare isnt good enough :(

CPU: Intel Core i7 6950x @ 4.2GHz Custom Loop: EKWB Supremacy EVO MX, XSPC 360EX, EKWB 140 CE, Corsair 280mm, '70 Camaro rad, XSPC D5 Vario Pump, EK X3 250 res, Primochill Advanced LRT Crystal Clear (7/16" x 5/8"), XSPC Compression Fittings, Distilled Water and Primochill Utopia GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC RAM: 48gb SK Hynix 2400mhz MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 PSU: Corsair RM1000 Case: Corsair 750D Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 256GB M.2, 4TB Toshiba X300, 2x 1TB Toshiba P300, 1TB WD Skorpion, 1TB Seagate Apple HDD, 750gb WD Black, 4x Micron C400 256gb Monitors: Acer Predator X34P; LG 29UM58; Dell 2405FPW Keyboards: 1987 IBM Model M; Razer Deathstalker Mouse: Razer Taipan (Black) Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Speed (Large) Headphones: Meze 99 Classics    

I am running a GTX 970, but i want to try the ayymd side of things. I want a something that can handle VR better. 

I have a Intel HD4600 iGPU and I would love to add a Polaris Card.

33a01a30825196f4b00f785417b3d5989a7700fa

Running a 7950 at the moment. Runs games ok at 1080p mostly high or medium settings but would love to be able to crank up the settings a bit more! Also, the AMD cooler looks badass. Best stock cooler in a long time imo

GIMME DAT CARD, seriously plis, i dont have a graphics card ;-;

using igpu right now, a discrete one will be a good thing

12 hours ago, nicklmg said:

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

So, how do you enter to win one of these fine graphics cards?

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

This giveaway is worldwide with no age restriction.

Best of luck to all!!

I got a gtx 970 ftw

I currently have a GTX 750 Ti and I want 480 to... umm... run demanding games!

I have GTX660s in SLI that run at 90C, have driver issues and can't handle games on my 1600p monitor :( A Polaris card would be a great upgrade and my first time on team red.

I have an r9 280 GPU from sapphire. It is good but a free, more advanced graphics card would be even better ;) Cheers!

I currently don't have a GPU ? I am saving up to build my first PC and I've been looking at Polaris for my graphics solution. I think AMD cards offer the best value for money and I've been a big fan since I started reading about PC parts 3 years ago. I am greatful to AMD for thinking of us who cant afford to buy expensive graphics cards and offering affordable solutions!

Thanks guys, good luck to all!

I wonder if my 290x's will be able to support HDR and all that fancy new stuff coming out soon. if not then 480-490 all the way!

12 hours ago, nicklmg said:

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

So, how do you enter to win one of these fine graphics cards?

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

This giveaway is worldwide with no age restriction.

Best of luck to all!!

I'm running a gtx 660. Wanted to switch over to amd. GIBE NAO PLS :D

Hello, I have a 6850 on a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz - System Memory - 16 GB system. A graphics card upgrade is all I need.

I currently have a Tesla based card. LOL it still runs great, but direct X 11 and 12 is a no show for me.