Blackberry Priv upgrade from Oneplus One?

Jackgamer91

Keep OPO vs. Upgrade to Priv?   

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Keep OPO, wait/look for other phones
    • Get the eBay Privs

Im currently using a Oneplus One which I got from summer 2014. Apart from some minor ripped edges the phone still runs fantastic and has Marshmallow Cyanogen. However, I can't help but start getting bored with it since I had it for 2 years already, forcing me to impulsively look around for newer phones on the market. 

I see some backberry priv on sale for cheap on eBay brand new, like literally $300-500 when MRSP was close to $1000 and it was released only in Nov. 2015. 

Thinking of pulling the trigger and getting one. Is anyone familiar with the Priv? Is it worth $500 to upgrade from OPO? 

Core i7 2700K Oc'ed 4.4 Ghz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SC'ed, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 240 GB Intel 730 SSD and 2 TB 7200 RPM HDD, Zalman Z9 plus case with 7 blue LED fans, Windows 10 Preview 

20 minutes ago, Jackgamer91 said:

Im currently using a Oneplus One which I got from summer 2014. Apart from some minor ripped edges the phone still runs fantastic and has Marshmallow Cyanogen. However, I can't help but start getting bored with it since I had it for 2 years already, forcing me to impulsively look around for newer phones on the market. 

I see some backberry priv on sale for cheap on eBay brand new, like literally $300-500 when MRSP was close to $1000 and it was released only in Nov. 2015. 

Thinking of pulling the trigger and getting one. Is anyone familiar with the Priv? Is it worth $500 to upgrade from OPO? 

Blackberry still exist o.O

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Why would you consider a Priv? That's way too expensive for it's hardware^^

very slow updates despite beeing their only Android device, bad Build quality, pretty heavy.

And on Top of that, it's using a Midclass CPU, a Snapdragon 808, which is not really possible to handle Android completely smooth.

And if i'm Right, Bootloader is locked, so it's impossible to Root.

In my Opionion: Just speaking spec wise, if you can get it for 250-300 bucks new (max, and only if you need the keyboard), or <199€ Used, go for it.

In Germany, it costs at the moment 620 dollar, which is a JOKE. It's not even worth half the Price.

Here, it doesnt Matter what Blackberry WANTS to have for it. Important is, what does it offer for the Price, and what do OTHERS offer for the Price.

I mean, if Gucci would release a smartphone with midrange specs for 5000 dollar, would you buy it for 2500, since its 50% off MRSP?

A by FAR (very very far...) better Galaxy S7 costs almost 100 bucks less.

An even better S7 Edge costs slightly more, but completely destroys teh Priv in any aspect. Except not having a hardware keyboard....

You have the Snapdragon 801 right now. The Jump up to a 808 is not really good. The A53 cluster is weaker, but a bit more efficient.

The dual Core A57 cluster is a bit better, but can throttle a bit faster. The performance difference is way too small.

You should go for the Oneplus 3. 2016 Flaggships are the only Phones you should consider, because otherwise, the performance difference would be too small.

7 hours ago, Jackgamer91 said:

As a Blackberry fan and one who hopes they come out with better phones (rumoured 3 this year,) I would not recommend buying a Priv. It's still priced too high even on a sale. If you can get it for 250 or less, get it, but just know there are better phones out there even in that 200-300 dollar range. They only reason you should get the Priv is because you had a Blackberry previously and you miss the physical keyboard.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

The Priv wouldve been a good phone were it not for a bunch of glaring issues.
- Crappy signal
- Crappy Battery life
- Very low sitting physical keyboard (can be uncomfortable to use)

- Build quality is a mixed bag and the back cover bends and sometimes comes off depending on how its held.

I'd suggest looking at other devices unless you absolutely want the physical KB

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14