Logitech G500 successor

intelCore

Hey everyone

Now since my mouse, the G500, is slowly starting to show wear on the mousewheel and the buttons (even after a "repair" already) I might have to get something new in the not so distant future. Now at first I was thinking about getting a G502 but I read that this mouse can have the exact same wear even after a shorter amount of time which I definitely do not want to have ever again (double click problems and such).

So I went out looking for what mice the CS GO pro gamers have and I noticed that a bunch of them use Zowie mice which I have never heard of before. Razer I do not want to support any more.

Now I was thinking about going with a Steelseries Rival 100 but this one doesn't seem to be quite good either.

My budget would not go any higher than what the Zowies cost and I want to know now what would justify the Zowies to cost that much, are there other options that I have not thought of yet and if it is Zowie which one would I have to go for with mostly a kind of palm grip (and no place to test them out :()?

Thanks in advance

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

7 minutes ago, intelCore said:

Hey everyone

Now since my mouse, the G500, is slowly starting to show wear on the mousewheel and the buttons (even after a "repair" already) I might have to get something new in the not so distant future. Now at first I was thinking about getting a G502 but I read that this mouse can have the exact same wear even after a shorter amount of time which I definitely do not want to have ever again (double click problems and such).

So I went out looking for what mice the CS GO pro gamers have and I noticed that a bunch of them use Zowie mice which I have never heard of before. Razer I do not want to support any more.

Now I was thinking about going with a Steelseries Rival 100 but this one doesn't seem to be quite good either.

My budget would not go any higher than what the Zowies cost and I want to know now what would justify the Zowies to cost that much, are there other options that I have not thought of yet and if it is Zowie which one would I have to go for with mostly a kind of palm grip (and no place to test them out :()?

Thanks in advance

Zowie are priced high because they are rather a famous brand within the CSGO community. They have a well optimized sensor for accuracy for games like CSGO. As for their build quality, its controversial. Zowie EC2/1-A is meant for palm grip and is a fairly safe shape and is very comfortable. I doubt many people find this mouse shape uncomfortable to grip. But for that price you can go for better built mice (imo) such as Logitech. I don't know where a G502 can show wear, except the side grips, which it doesn't. It has a plastic coating on top and a plastic/metal scroll wheel, you can easily wipe the fingerprint off left on the g502. However, while G502 is a very good mouse, if its for CSGO, i wouldn't recommend it as it is far too heavy. Go for something like G303 (same sensor as G502) or G402 (old but still one of the best sensor ever created with increased performance). Also EVGA Torq X5 (very responsive sensor and similar performance sensor as G303/G502's sensor) for $50. I play CSGO SMFC/GE with Logitech G303 and everything else with G402. My Zowie EC2-A is rotting away somewhere.

13 hours ago, MenSuRx said:

Zowie are priced high because they are rather a famous brand within the CSGO community. They have a well optimized sensor for accuracy for games like CSGO. As for their build quality, its controversial. Zowie EC2/1-A is meant for palm grip and is a fairly safe shape and is very comfortable. I doubt many people find this mouse shape uncomfortable to grip. But for that price you can go for better built mice (imo) such as Logitech. I don't know where a G502 can show wear, except the side grips, which it doesn't. It has a plastic coating on top and a plastic/metal scroll wheel, you can easily wipe the fingerprint off left on the g502. However, while G502 is a very good mouse, if its for CSGO, i wouldn't recommend it as it is far too heavy. Go for something like G303 (same sensor as G502) or G402 (old but still one of the best sensor ever created with increased performance). Also EVGA Torq X5 (very responsive sensor and similar performance sensor as G303/G502's sensor) for $50. I play CSGO SMFC/GE with Logitech G303 and everything else with G402. My Zowie EC2-A is rotting away somewhere.

I was talking about the wear on the buttons that leads to double click issues that some Logitech mice have and mine too. That is the only thing that makes me doubt getting the G502. I wouldn't really mind a heavy mouse since I have my G500 loaded to the heaviest with the weights. I'm just so not sure what to get.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

Well first of all thank you so much for even caring and making the effort to C/P all this. Very greatful to have someone who has some experience with all the mice.

The Steelseries mouse I would get would be the Rival 100 however I don't think the qualitiy of it would be satisfying to me. Same with the Zowie mice and I have nowhere to try either of them out so I think I can leave those aside.

I have no real clue on sensors either since either I was too blind or the specs of the mice barely ever state which sensor the mouse uses and even then finding something on that sensor isn't too easy either.

I watched one review that had the G303 in it and the apperantly the sensor in it started to shake (?). Don't know how true that is but even without this the G303 is very oddly shaped and I would have to try this one to be really sure.

I've had the G502 in my hand because my friend has it and while I didn't pay much attention to how that felt it did not feel bad. I'm just worried that all the wear I am encountering with the G500 now on the mousewheel and on the buttons will occur again with the G502 and I would like to not having to replace my next mouse for the next 7 years. Had my G500 5 years too and it was pretty cheap for under 40€ so I won't complain however the G502 would be more expensive than that and therfore I want something in the pricerange of 60-80€ to last me 6-8 years when it is "only" a mouse.

Can you maybe have a look if you find something on the G502 issues and tell me what you think about it? Because I clearly know that my mouse is not the only model with those issues from Logitech and also not the only G500. I had it disassembled once already cleaning the switches contacts and does not seem to have worked too well and the weat on the mousewheel is at a point that it starts to stop recognising wheel turns or not properly locking into place anymore.

The Rival 300 is a nice mice, but it is absolutely massive, i cannot use it with my 18cm hands. As you have mentioned above, some G303 do have sensor rattle issues, most cases they do then not. While some say Logitech has fixed this issue with their new batches, Logitech never publicly announced that they have. My G303 has a slight rattling sensor but its tracking is 100% accurate with no issues at all. G303's may have rattle but it varies with some rattling more than others, but while they do rattle, most of them don't have an issue with tracking or performance. I just used my Zowie EC2-A to play CSGO for the past 4 days, and today i went back to my G303 and i immediately noticed how much better i played with it. Also majority of the G502 won't have issues with the buttons wearing down. There may be some but of course all the G502's cant be made perfectly. I would say there would be less chance of G502's button producing double click issues than the Steelseries buttons or Zowie.

G303 is my favourite mice, due to it being light and small so i can aim better, also helped by its amazing sensor, its the most accurate and best sensor in the world for me. It beats the 3988 imo. 

Thank you guys alot!

Looks like it's gonne be the G502 then. Gonna try it a bit more when I'm with my friend and then probably gonna buy it. Thanks. :)