Is it worth watercool and overclock an FX8320?

So currently i have an FX8320.
I bought it sec hand and i think i made a pretty nice deal with it. I got the cpu for 50bucks. Tested it working like a charm. I could get a MSI 970 GAMING mobo for another 50bucks. And i thought i could get the cheapest watercooling that i could get from new. The cheapest one is the "DeepCool Maelstrom 120T DP-MAEL120T" I'm positive i could do a push and pull config on it and my case is pretty good when it comes to airflow either. The cooler would cost 44bucks.
The chip is actually not bad i could go upto 4.5Ghz in a cheap 4+2 phase mobo. (The VRM's almost got burnt thoe. Or atleast i think becouse the back of the mobo was a bit wwell green ish color from the original blue. xD  It was on 4.5hz for idk like 2 weeks and had massive gaming on it for tests etc. So no wonder. I put a custom vrm heatsing on it now plus it have a fan on it. Sucking air from it. )
So my question is. That. Is it worth watercool it and go to idk maybe to 5Ghz or so?!
And i'm sure i could go up that high with this chip. But is it worth the money?
I could stil lsell it for 50bucks... And just build another like Intel config. What could i get at intel for like 200ish bucks? And while i know some i3 or i5 probably would give me better gaming performance. I also do alot of editing video record etc. Not sure if that 4core 4 thread would be plenty or idk. Also have to mention i'm not really looking forward to the future. Like gettin a i3 and a i7 compatible mobo and upgrade later on...

Pushing it to 5ghz is unlikely, I don't think you'll reach that overclock.

Such cheap watercooler might not do better than an air cooler of the same price.

I do not personally know that model, but I have seen other 50 bucks watercoolers and they weren't that great.

The FX8320 is not a bad chip in my opinion, but if you need more power you're probably gonna want a new CPU.

The architecture in the FX8xxx/9xxx chips is quite old and not that well performing. It's all up to what you want.

You can try pushing the overclock further, but if you can't reach sufficient performance I recommend you to sell all of it and upgrade, but add some money.

For 200ish you could get an i3 + cheap mobo, but that's not gonna be significantly better than your FX8320.

Maybe second hand i5 4xxx with a lot of luck, but I recommend on keeping your FX8320 and saving up for good upgrades later on.

2 minutes ago, deWaardt said:

Pushing it to 5ghz is unlikely, I don't think you'll reach that overclock.

Such cheap watercooler might not do better than an air cooler of the same price.

I do not personally know that model, but I have seen other 50 bucks watercoolers and they weren't that great.

The FX8320 is not a bad chip in my opinion, but if you need more power you're probably gonna want a new CPU.

The architecture in the FX8xxx/9xxx chips is quite old and not that well performing. It's all up to what you want.

You can try pushing the overclock further, but if you can't reach sufficient performance I recommend you to sell all of it and upgrade, but add some money.

For 200ish you could get an i3 + cheap mobo, but that's not gonna be significantly better than your FX8320.

Maybe second hand i5 4xxx with a lot of luck, but I recommend on keeping your FX8320 and saving up for good upgrades later on.

Yep. I agree its old as hell. And actually i was wrong i'm at 4.2Ghz at 1.275 volts. So. Idk. Its a cheap ass 4+2 mobo... So i would expect more from the water cooler and the 8+2 higher quality mobo...

12 minutes ago, Metaton said:

Yep. I agree its old as hell. And actually i was wrong i'm at 4.2Ghz at 1.275 volts. So. Idk. Its a cheap ass 4+2 mobo... So i would expect more from the water cooler and the 8+2 higher quality mobo...

990 fx chip would perf better, but unless you have fans blowing at the mobo, watercooling is not really worth it, since vrm and stuff like that will overheat. Get strong air cooler that blows air into the mobo aswell.

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

nope, don't do it. Silicon lottery gamble. 

I reached my limit on my 8320 at about 4.75 and it's not because of temperature limitations. Silicon simply won't go further. 

Spend your money on intel or wait for zen to maybe be good. 

5 hours ago, Alexokan said:

nope, don't do it. Silicon lottery gamble. 

I reached my limit on my 8320 at about 4.75 and it's not because of temperature limitations. Silicon simply won't go further. 

Spend your money on intel or wait for zen to maybe be good. 

Well in this cheap ass mobo i got into 4.9Ghz. lel. But only for a test in cinebench nothing more. So. :D
What should i get from Intel? I'm rly thinking that 4core is not enough for me.

1 hour ago, Metaton said:

Well in this cheap ass mobo i got into 4.9Ghz. lel. But only for a test in cinebench nothing more. So. :D
What should i get from Intel? I'm rly thinking that 4core is not enough for me.

then just wait for Zen, supposed to be haswell IPC with 8 cores.

meanwhile, keep yours clocked at 4.9 until it burns lol 

11 hours ago, Alexokan said:

then just wait for Zen, supposed to be haswell IPC with 8 cores.

meanwhile, keep yours clocked at 4.9 until it burns lol 

Nah lol. I'm not dumb wtf. As i said only for a benchmark. xD Even at 4.5Ghz i think this cheap ass mobo will catch on fire lol... Shitty 4+2 lol. I think i buy that mobo and build a homemade watercooling from scrap.