Amazon has betrayed me! Grrrrr...

Bleedingyamato

I went to place an order for the PS4 version of Resident Evil 5 but while the item page says I could get it on the release date using free 2 day shipping with my prime membership when I get to the checkout screen it changed to saying I'd have to pay $3.99 for 1 day shipping.

I tried calling Amazon to ask if they'd waive the 1 day shipping charge if I placed an order but the evil customer service person implied I was trying to cheat them and be dishonest and would not help me.  I even offered to send them screenshots but that didn't help.

I'm very angry that they were trying to say lies about me and wouldn't help when the site is clearly glitching.

I'd be saving about $4 from a prime discount on new release video games but I'd lose that if I paid $4 for 1 day shipping.  I may as well just get it from Best Buy as icky an idea as that is to me.

image.png

image.png

It says 2 day shipping is free. Why do you think you should get 1 day shipping for free?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

4 minutes ago, EarthboundHero said:

It says 2 day shipping is free. Why do you think you should get 1 day shipping for free?

^ also, amazon has the best customer support within our biosphere.

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.3ghz

Gpu: Asus GTX 970 Strix 

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB

Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5

Psu: EVGA Supernova 750W G2

Case: NZXT Noctis 450

15 minutes ago, EarthboundHero said:

I don't think I should get it for free normally.  

You missed that the item page said I could get it on release day for free with 2 day shipping but then the checkout screen says to get it on release day I'd have to do 1 day shipping.  See how the item page says one thing but the checkout screen something else?

10 minutes ago, alanz25 said:

^ also, amazon has the best customer support within our biosphere.

Normally yes.  Today hell no I'm sad to say.  

This is why I like digital delivery: no shipping and it's delivered as fast as your bandwidth. For a blueray I'd say 4 to 5 hours on a 20mbps connection for example.

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 hours ago, greaves1111 said:

If 4 bucks is going to break the bank, just wait 1 more day and play it on day 2?

It's not that $4 is that much to be a huge issue but that I feel that in the case of Amazon's site having a glitch it should be Amazon paying to correct it.  Also while not much money that's still a little less that I'd pay getting it from Amazon so it'd be rather annoying to negate that savings if I chose to do 1 day shipping.

4 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

This is why I like digital delivery: no shipping and it's delivered as fast as your bandwidth. For a blueray I'd say 4 to 5 hours on a 20mbps connection for example.

My internet is really slow.  I get 1MB/s download speed.  Also I prefer physical disc copies of games and movies.  

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

My internet is really slow.  I get 1MB/s download speed.  Also I prefer physical disc copies of games and movies.  

The blight of most Americans: their ISP. I feel you I wasn't suggesting you give up physical media it is quite Handy in situations like yours.

-------

Current Rig

-------

23 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Wouldn't you likely still have to download a very large day one patch for most games anyway. Have very similar speeds and I understand your pain. I usually give my friend my hdd and steam account to download my games for me.

Doomsday: CPU : i5 6600k, GPU : MSI Gaming GTX 1070, RAM : 16GB G.Skill DDR4 2400, MB : MSI Gaming M5 Z170A, Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU : EVGA SuperNova GS 550, Case : Phanteks Eclipse P400, CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i, Monitor : Acer 1440p60 / Asus 1080p60 OS Windows 10 Pro Audio : Sennheiser HD 598SE / SMSL SD-793-II / Blue Snowball Steam : Vlad the Inhaler

26 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

The blight of most Americans: their ISP. I feel you I wasn't suggesting you give up physical media it is quite Handy in situations like yours.

It's mainly because I'm stuck living at home still and my idiot father is too stupid and cheap to pay for faster internet.  Neither of my parents uses the Internet for more than basic web browsing and downloading music from iTunes so they don't care if it takes me forever to download things.

So that's why I prefer physical media.  Less downloads to bother with.  

10 minutes ago, LordGrizzillaKreme said:

Wouldn't you likely still have to download a very large day one patch for most games anyway. Have very similar speeds and I understand your pain. I usually give my friend my hdd and steam account to download my games for me.

Sometimes yes but not always.  Not all games have patches right away and even downloading a patch is much smaller than having to download an entire game along with the patch.  

Does that work to have a friend sign into my account and download Steam games to an external HDD?    Would they download a backup copy from Steam to the HDD?  Is that how you do it?

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Sometimes yes but not always.  Not all games have patches right away and even downloading a patch is much smaller than having to download an entire game along with the patch.  

Does that work to have a friend sign into my account and download Steam games to an external HDD?    Would they download a backup copy from Steam to the HDD?  Is that how you do it?

Hes got an old laptop he barely uses since I built him a PC so I head over to his house (15 min) and sign into his laptop and download everything to my hdd, then head home and put it on my system. I don't give him my password and he always shows me proof that he signed out even thought I don't really care since he's in my steam family.

Doomsday: CPU : i5 6600k, GPU : MSI Gaming GTX 1070, RAM : 16GB G.Skill DDR4 2400, MB : MSI Gaming M5 Z170A, Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU : EVGA SuperNova GS 550, Case : Phanteks Eclipse P400, CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i, Monitor : Acer 1440p60 / Asus 1080p60 OS Windows 10 Pro Audio : Sennheiser HD 598SE / SMSL SD-793-II / Blue Snowball Steam : Vlad the Inhaler

7 minutes ago, LordGrizzillaKreme said:

Hes got an old laptop he barely uses since I built him a PC so I head over to his house (15 min) and sign into his laptop and download everything to my hdd, then head home and put it on my system. I don't give him my password and he always shows me proof that he signed out even thought I don't really care since he's in my steam family.

I mean do you use the download game backup feature or how specifically do you download games?

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I mean do you use the download game backup feature or how specifically do you download games?

I just set the download location to my hdd in steam, then when I get home I drag the files to my pc and tell steam to look for installed games on my pc.