Cant enter bios because of delayed keyboard start

Go to solution Solved by done12many2,
4 hours ago, whatishacks said:

tried 3 usb keyboards :(

Do you have fastboot enabled in BIOS?  If so, the boot sequence on a lot of boards will skip the pause for user input during boot up in order to speed up the boot time.  If it's on, this will happen every time and you'll need to reboot into BIOS via the motherboard's Windows "Boot to BIOS" type app or the the UEFI menu in Windows. 

If you can't get in that way, clear CMOS and fastboot will be disabled by default.  Of course all of your custom setting will need to be reconfigured, but you can at least turn it off so that you can get into BIOS from now on.

title

my keyboard doesnt work during the screen where u press delete to enter bios; it starts working when windows 10 logo shows. 

my keyboard is plugged in the top left of the motherboard and i have tried the other ports too

Main PC: 4690k // Z97 // R9 280 3GB // 8gb Ram // CM Elite 430 Case // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Living Room "Console" PC: FX 8350 // 990a SLI Krait // R7 360 // 8gb Ram // HAF 912 // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Future Plans:

find a 2nd monitor at a pawn shop

Sell/giveaway R7 360, move r9 280 into console PC, buy a better GPU for main PC.

1 minute ago, whatishacks said:

title

my keyboard doesnt work during the screen where u press delete to enter bios; it starts working when windows 10 logo shows. 

my keyboard is plugged in the top left of the motherboard and i have tried the other ports too

What keyboard?

Hello

3 minutes ago, whatishacks said:

title

use a ps2 keyboard

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

3 minutes ago, whatishacks said:

title

Use a PS2 keyboard if you want to go into the bios sometimes USB keyboards wont work until startup. 

Desktop: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @4,1 Ghz GPU: AMD Radeon 5700XT @2,2 Ghz RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2666 Mhz  MB: Asus ROG STRIX B450-E Storage: Western Digital SN750 500GB + Samsung 970 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda Compute 1000GB Case: NZXT H500 

Results: Cinebench R20 Multi-thread: 2800

8 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

What keyboard?

usb keyboard, azio. 

i dont have a ps2 keyboard 

Main PC: 4690k // Z97 // R9 280 3GB // 8gb Ram // CM Elite 430 Case // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Living Room "Console" PC: FX 8350 // 990a SLI Krait // R7 360 // 8gb Ram // HAF 912 // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Future Plans:

Sell/giveaway R7 360, move r9 280 into console PC, buy a better GPU for main PC.

1 minute ago, whatishacks said:

usb keyboard, azio. 

i dont have a ps2 keyboard 

Never heard of them.Contact their support, Try another keyboard

Hello

1 minute ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Never heard of Azio? kinda disappointing

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

7 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Future Plans:

Well you can access Bios thru Windows 10 by this Method:

Start Menu > Settings > Update and Security > Recovery >

Under the Advance Startup Click the Restart >

Click Troubleshoot > Advance option > UEFI Firmware Settings then Restart.

You should able to Enter the BIOS of the PC.

---===+++ Im a Student and Tech Enthusiast :D +++===----

LAPTOP: ASUS ROG G501 | CPU: Intel Core i7 4720HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M | RAM: 12 GB

Can't Afford a Gaming Rig :'(

4 hours ago, whatishacks said:

Do you have fastboot enabled in BIOS?  If so, the boot sequence on a lot of boards will skip the pause for user input during boot up in order to speed up the boot time.  If it's on, this will happen every time and you'll need to reboot into BIOS via the motherboard's Windows "Boot to BIOS" type app or the the UEFI menu in Windows. 

If you can't get in that way, clear CMOS and fastboot will be disabled by default.  Of course all of your custom setting will need to be reconfigured, but you can at least turn it off so that you can get into BIOS from now on.