Opinions from users, iPhone6s or Galaxy s7 Edge?

Hi. I found myself in a fantastic situation where I can have either the iPhone 6s, the 6s plus or the galaxy s7 edge, however, I'm finding it very difficult to choose between them (first world problems). I've been using my iPhone 4s for 4 and something years now and I absolutely loved it, this little critter didn't let me down anytime and has proven to be as sturdy as an old Nokia (no seriously, this thing took some punishment and is still living). Having said that, I'm used to iOS and the Apple ecosystem (the integration between the iPhone, the iPad and mac being the top point here). I recognise the advantages the s7 has, I love Android and its "open-ness" to tinkering and the free apps, plus the fantastic screen, camera and battery, however, the 6s has speed, camera (with better slo-mo), relatively good battery (worse but good nonetheless) and the whole integration with my mac and iPad. So basically, i want an opinion from people that have used these phones to see if I stick to an iPhone or if I make the switch to Android (as far as phones go). I don't, however, want fanboyism, I get it, some people use iOS while you use Android (or vice versa), doesn't mean one is stupid for using the one you don't, I want objective opinions to compare both fairly. 

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

You're entrenched in the Apple ecosystem

You should stay there

Why should he?

That he used an Apple device doesn't mean he should not ever use an Android device.

your already setup with majority of Apple, so the best decision here IMO would be to stay with Apple, but if you were on windows I would go with Android, as on windows you can't simply drag a video or photo from ya Iphone to another folder on ya PC.

TL:DR - Stick with Apple

I'm an android user myself. 

But in this case if you're already deep in to the apple ecosystem, and you don't have to pay for it, i would say get the iPhone.

Apps are pretty much the same, iPhone has way better slow-mo. Only real downside of the iPhone is the battery life.

imho :)

A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it’s not that good.

My setup: AMD FX-8350, 16GB DDR-1600, ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX

3 minutes ago, OxymoRonald said:

But in this case if you're already deep in to the apple ecosystem, and you don't have to pay for it, i would say get the iPhone.

Apps are pretty much the same, iPhone has way better slow-mo. Only real downside of the iPhone is the battery life.

and that on widows you can't drag a photo or video from ya Iphone to another folder on ya Hard Drive or access network servers or Drives

Im a android user and would go for a S7 Edge but if your a ISO user go with the iPhone 6s or make someone borrow you a android phone like a grand prime young doesnt matter just so you can see if Android is something you want.

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

8 minutes ago, deWaardt said:

Why should he?

That he used an Apple device doesn't mean he should not ever use an Android device.

I like Android but I get what he's saying. He's not saying that because of me being used to iOS, it's just the whole ecosystem part.

For starters I have had experience using both the 6s+ and 6s for a while as well as using the S6 Edge+ currently (I know its previous model but its pretty similar build wise)

The main selling point for me on the apple side is the ecosystem, everything works well and integrates with one another, iOS is moving along well and has some really nice features but as you said android is a lot more open to customisation. As stated by others if you already are invested in apple its best to stay with it. For deciding between the 6s and the plus you would just have to go in and have a feel of them for yourself, I know some people who love the bigger screen but some people like myself who have small hands its a bit of a pain trying to hold such a large device, especially when typing.

oh and uh one thing to keep in mind if you end up thinking of going for the galaxy is that if you are the type of person who would goes through screens quickly is that it costs 300+ for a new screen on the S6 and S7 so that is something to keep in mind (learnt from experience)

10 minutes ago, Elliott Game said:

your already setup with majority of Apple, so the best decision here IMO would be to stay with Apple, but if you were on windows I would go with Android, as on windows you can't simply drag a video or photo from ya Iphone to another folder on ya PC.

TL:DR - Stick with Apple

I do have a windows machine but I don't really care much about that whole drag and drop thing, iTunes does it well enough for me (plus the whole Home Sharing thing has come in handy a lot). Thank you for the honest opinion though :) 

13 minutes ago, OxymoRonald said:

Thank you for the honest opinion :) Yeah I guess I will, although I really wanted to try out Android ahah only way I would was if I could get a second SIM, I'd keep the 4s and get the s7, best of both worlds.

12 minutes ago, LizardsAreOP said:

Im a android user and would go for a S7 Edge but if your a ISO user go with the iPhone 6s or make someone borrow you a android phone like a grand prime young doesnt matter just so you can see if Android is something you want.

Been there, done that. It's not the move to Android part that holding me back (quite found of Android tbh), it's the loss of a key element in the Apple ecosystem that's holding me back (no iphone=no iMessage and FaceTime and whatnot on the other devices). Thank you for the honest opinion :) 

1 minute ago, Sycro said:

Been there, done that. It's not the move to Android part that holding me back (quite found of Android tbh), it's the loss of a key element in the Apple ecosystem that's holding me back (no iphone=no iMessage and FaceTime and whatnot on the other devices). Thank you for the honest opinion :) 

No problem,you cant go wrong with either just depends what OS you like 

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

9 minutes ago, Sycro said:

Thank you for the honest opinion :) Yeah I guess I will, although I really wanted to try out Android ahah only way I would was if I could get a second SIM, I'd keep the 4s and get the s7, best of both worlds.

Next time _you_ have to pay for it just get an android :P

A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it’s not that good.

My setup: AMD FX-8350, 16GB DDR-1600, ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX