LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

Awesome looking projector, if i had one i Would finally have the ultimate gaming experience!!

Really excited about this giveaway! I've always been interested in getting a projector for home theater use.  I've also always thought it would be super fun to throw up a sheet and use this thing outdoors to watch sports or play games on the side of the house with my family.  Thanks to LTT and LG for the giveaway.  Good luck everyone!

a premium small but at the same time big projector (big screen) it would easily fit everywhere, i've been dreaming of a projector my whole life this would be a perfect start.

Dear Linus and the rest of the LMG crew,

If it falls to me to get this marvelous LG PF1000U projector I would have a very interesting application to test it and maybe that could become a subject for one of your next video.

I wonder whether could one build your own holographic display using only this projector and thin transparent foil.

Simply we need to place at some angle a screen made of a very thin and pellucid plastic foil which is marked with cyan color at the picture below. I haven't tested it yet, but probably something like this sticky foil with which comestibles are wrapped could be sufficient.

Probably, now you wonder why I placed two parallel screens when single will work well.

Because LG PF1000U is capable of projecting on so huge spaces, we could add a real depth to our

holographic projection. Image denoted as red would be perceived as in the foreground, whereas the green one would be viewed as the background.

holo.png

I hope you'll find this application interesting.

Best wishes,

Adam

Really want one of those. Amazing giveaway, hope i win xD

I've been using a projector for off and on 5 years now. I am differently happy to see this development on projectors. I'm always limited by the distance I have between my target wall and the target wall.

I would love to get my hands on this projector and do some reviews on it.

Awesome looking projector, so many applications for games and other activities. Would love to have one looks totally awesome :)

And thanks for the great video keep up :D

Well, the input at the front will make it much easier to maintain cable management without having cables cross the whole table in most configurations. With this projector, you can just put those cables under the table (assuming the projector is placed at the end of the table). It's small form factor and ability to display big images from a very short distance is making this product just badass. But because of the short distance, you can't use it for one of those cool setups without any monitors but having a table standing a couple of meters in front of a wall with a projector beaming the image onto it. And I wasn't able to find a DisplayPort on the images. In conclusion, I would still love to have it for some special situations, like a conference meeting with the projector screen placed very near the table.

We are lucky to live in this age :D:D. So many cool things are made B|

Specs: Intel Core i7 8700K | ASUS Z370 ROG MAXIMUS X HERO | CORSAIR H115i PRO | RGB 2 x Gskill Trident Z RGB 8GB Bus 3000 Mhz | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB |  Intel 545s SSD 256GB  | Western Digital Caviar Blue 3TB | Phanteks Eclipse P600S.

Peripheral: Logitech G603 Wireless  | Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 Gaming Black | Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition Chroma V2.

Monitor: Asus ROG Strix XG258Q.

Looks good, Pity it doesnt have a built in battery but with a lamp giving decent lumens would just drain it too quick i guess. Would love one to replace my oudated CRT tv

Incredible! short throw and led illumination sound like perfect features for this projector to replace a tv at home! I would love to have one

OMG this looks absolutely amazing! This is a perfect addition to any home (or as a TV in a new home) and the versatility of it is amazing, supporting Bluetooth, HDMI, and Smart TV! This would be absolutely perfect for me, but I can't get it because it costs £1400. But for anyone who can afford it and wants a brilliant experience, BUY IT!

This thing is freaking awesome,! I can't believe how this can be so small and compact. It provides very good image quality and brightness in

comparison to size and I like smart TV functions contained in this projector. At least I'm surprised how close to the projection screen it can work and how precise it can handle the alignment while projecting on rough surface. I think it's a good stuff for couch gaming (yes, like this could be useful in Linus's video while he made calculations through Corsair Lapdog :D) and I really want to watch movies on it (It must be something like orgasm). 

The best feature has got to be the short throw. It's actually been my main hesitation and kept me from buying any projector before. When deciding whether to mount a large flat panel or to get a projector and leave the wall bare or have a retractable screen, we ultimately went with the flat panel tv due to the size of the room and not enough distance from one wall to the other. This solves that issue. Sweet. Enter me to win one please and thank you!!

I'm a graphic designer, and sadly at this time, i don't have the money to buy a desktop, so all i have is my laptop. I also game. And hang out on social media a lot. Soooo, i was thinking of getting a projector to use as a monitor whenever i don't do colour sensitive work. Because having my eyes so close into my laptop's monitor pretty much all day really starts damaging my eyes quite considerably.  

I've even set up my kitchen+living room like this: kitchen and LR are sepparated by an improvised bar table, and the wall across is still intentionately left blank for exactly the purpose of projecting stuff on it. under it will appear a few bean bags and a sofa. will be so much win.

So considering my relatively small space to live in, this projector would be friggin' kickaß!

I very recently joined the volunteer fire fighting company that serves my community. Before someone can go on calls there is a lot of training that has to take place. This training is online and hands on. One of the main things discussed in the online training is whats known as ISC. ICS is the Incident Command System. This system highlights standard practices used across municipal agencies to facilitate response to a situation. This projector seems like it would be a great tool to use both in the field and in the classroom to help the command team track and respond to an incident. (the gaming and media applications are great too.)

That PF1000U projector is freaking awesome guys! Hope to get one of those, would be perfect for my living room setup! 

I personally prefer projectors over tv's so defiantly would like to have one of these! The short throw would be be convenient for my room and the fact that its LED means I don't have to worry about changing the bulb any time soon. 10/10 would like to win.

I love the fact that it's lens is positioned in a close area. Also, it's from LG so image quality is expected to be nicer than most.

It's price tag is a little bit high but that is expected. Still, a good addition to anyone who travels & plays a lot. ^^

This is really a good device LG made. No need for a super long room to get a reasonably large picture is really the way to go. With it I could simply ditch my small 15" laptop screen and see things better from farther away (And also set up a small personal home cinema)

I can just imagine playing some DOOM on this little beast. My lounge wall will become a portal to hell :D:D:D