LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

This is extremely cool, positioning is a big problem in a lot of situations, including at home. It would be nice to play some cartoons or games on it for my soon to be child :)

A tiny projector The possibilities are endless! you can bring back the drive in or when you go camping in the tent! epic AF

Looks sweet! I'll have to board up all the windows to make my own 200" screen...

Would really love this,watching movies,gaming on the go. Awesome product. Nice little video there Linus.

This is so amazing. I already know how and for what i would use it for. If I would win i would make videos of these uses and link everyone towards linustechtips and lg.

looks like a good projector, sadly out of most peoples price range. Winning it would be beyond amazing

I think it is a realy need thing to show your friend the game you playing and they are watching

This projector is perfect as a replacement for a TV and you can take it everywhere like showen in Linus video.

This seems like an ideal travel projector and it would be so much fun to take it with me to cabin and but up a screen outside so we could watch movies and play games and all that with friends while having the camp fire going. This would open up so many opportunities to experience "regular" things in totally new environment.

I would turn it into a smart whiteboard and have people paint in the hallways while I am not playing. The form factor rocks...!

I've always played around with the idea of using projectors, but they were never quite up to snuff with what I had in mind. Hopefully this changes things.

6 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

I Think it's a very awesome projector. I've seen similar projectors before in school at the whiteboards, and I find them VERY fascinating. Just the perfect rectangular shape of the protected image, even tho its mirrored and so on. But while I've only seen "standard" projectors for "normal" wall-projecting, I've not really seen those on the market before (I haven't looked for them, tho.)

at the moment, my daily drivers are 2 Samsung screens, but I always wanted to have a projector, since they can be very useful for stuff like parties and so on.

With this my dream of lying down on my back, looking at the ceiling with a controller in hands and playing games will come true

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

6 hours ago, CPotter said:

I like the projector but not the price

What i think about the Projector? Well small and awesome right? Thats what i saw in the Video. Could use it in my  celler, planed to make an home theater ^^

Perfect for my small cinema room :)

Retro gaming in my garage and projecting to create artwork... Yeah, I could find some cool stuff to use this for. 

This product would be great as a portable screen for traveling

Already have a projector for the living room that I rebuilt off Craigslist.  Would be nice to not have to break the set up down anytime someone asks to bring it along.  Let those random numbers roll in my favor. 

This would make for an epic gaming setup. Very useful since I don't have much space for a normal projector in my room.

I liked the idea of the reflective mirror for upscale .. and the small size .. makes it a marvelous piece of ingenuity

It looks to have very good picture for being a projector, and its narrower than most other projectors too, so its much easier to take with and have if you traveling with your family, have a laptop and then just play a game with your family, or friends. I dont know the sound of it, but ill probably go with another soundmaking machine anyways for better audio. It looks very good to compared to other projectors.