Want a mid range DSLR

Go to solution Solved by ALwin,
1 hour ago, ANUPLUCIFERGAMER said:

But now I want to do some professional photography

This will take time, you can't just buy a camera and dive right into doing professional work.  You need to gain knowledge and experience first.  Becoming a professional photographer requires that you learn how to be a photographer first, just knowing how to use a camera and take photos is not enough.

Anyway aside from that, for the cameras:

• If all you want to do is concentrate on photography, and not really dabble with video for the moment.
  • Get the Nikon D3300, though there really is nothing wrong with the Canon 1300D for photography.
  • Sure you can also get a mirrorless camera like the Sony A6000. But...
  • If you have a budget of $1000-1200, buy the cheapest entry level camera you are willing to buy (this will use up around $500-600 of your budget) and use the rest on buying a decent lens or two.
  • I would start out with these lenses:
    • The 18-55 kit lens, or if you can find a kit with a slightly longer focal range, perhaps an 18-105mm lens or something similar if it exists.
    • Something like a 50mm or 85mm f/1.8
    • The zoom lens will teach you about how perspective and field of view changes with different focal lengths and the fixed focal length lens will teach you why control of DOF is important for portraitures.
  • Don't worry about super fast lenses or constant aperture lenses for the moment.
  • Buy some spare batteries and of course extra memory cards, and other accessories like bags, cleaning cloths, dust blowers, etc.

With this sort of setup you are getting something very versatile for your investment, and something good for your learning and gaining experience period.  By the time you've become proficient and experienced enough to actually go pro, there will be newer and "better" cameras on the market you can acquire, and you'll have a better understanding of the gear needed.  If you start out buying the most expensive camera you can afford within your budget, all you'll get is likely one camera body and the kit lens.

Hey guys! I have took some interest in photography these days. Anyways, I want to step up my game. All these days I was using my mobile as my main gear. Now i know that its not as good, but it somehow worked for me. But now I want to do some professional photography and I want some help here. What are some beginner/mid range DSLRs? I went through some reviews and the DSLR guide in ltt itself and I think I have two options. One, Nikon D3300 or Canon EOS1300D. Considering the fact that Nikon is a better camera between the two, am I limited between those two options only? Right now I'm not having a lot of cash and I have quite a lot of time to decide. I can max spend 1 grand. 1.2 max. I have a friend who can rent me lens, but i'll buy an original one myself later on. And btw i wont be doing wildlife photography. It would be still and portrait.

Your help would be grateful

Thanks 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

go for nikon

i7 4790,zotac nvidia gtx 960,16 gb ddr 3 corsair vengeance,cm b600 v2,gigabyte h97md3h,2tb seagate+2tb wd,samsung 20",asus xonar dg + 5.1 creative,sennheiser hd202,cooler master elite 311,apc rs 1000g,logitech c270,xbox 360 controller for windows and d link wifi router..

1 hour ago, ANUPLUCIFERGAMER said:

But now I want to do some professional photography

This will take time, you can't just buy a camera and dive right into doing professional work.  You need to gain knowledge and experience first.  Becoming a professional photographer requires that you learn how to be a photographer first, just knowing how to use a camera and take photos is not enough.

Anyway aside from that, for the cameras:

• If all you want to do is concentrate on photography, and not really dabble with video for the moment.
  • Get the Nikon D3300, though there really is nothing wrong with the Canon 1300D for photography.
  • Sure you can also get a mirrorless camera like the Sony A6000. But...
  • If you have a budget of $1000-1200, buy the cheapest entry level camera you are willing to buy (this will use up around $500-600 of your budget) and use the rest on buying a decent lens or two.
  • I would start out with these lenses:
    • The 18-55 kit lens, or if you can find a kit with a slightly longer focal range, perhaps an 18-105mm lens or something similar if it exists.
    • Something like a 50mm or 85mm f/1.8
    • The zoom lens will teach you about how perspective and field of view changes with different focal lengths and the fixed focal length lens will teach you why control of DOF is important for portraitures.
  • Don't worry about super fast lenses or constant aperture lenses for the moment.
  • Buy some spare batteries and of course extra memory cards, and other accessories like bags, cleaning cloths, dust blowers, etc.

With this sort of setup you are getting something very versatile for your investment, and something good for your learning and gaining experience period.  By the time you've become proficient and experienced enough to actually go pro, there will be newer and "better" cameras on the market you can acquire, and you'll have a better understanding of the gear needed.  If you start out buying the most expensive camera you can afford within your budget, all you'll get is likely one camera body and the kit lens.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer