What's the direct upgrade from the FiiO E10?

Bluethulhu

lol, I linked to his site ... what is your problem? I never said, that what he is selling is bad, expensive or can somewhere be found cheaper. I was just slightly amused, that the seller/assembler of a product advertises his as the best for the money ;)

He's doing everybody a favour so they don't waste money on inferior equipment.

That's really where I see the future of Objective solutions if someone can get it running off PCIe. A front panel version would be sick as hell, imo.

PCIe is a bad form factor. You've seen the results...*help I get static from "x" sound card*.

It's a very noisy environment inside of a computer, not an ideal location for audio circuitry. 

Front panel is easy... but who really would use it?

PCIe is a bad form factor. You've seen the results...*help I get static from "x" sound card*.

It's a very noisy environment inside of a computer, not an ideal location for audio circuitry. 

Yeah yeah, but some people need a soundcard because of said form factor. If they have open front panel spots, however.....  ;)

maybe the new nuforce udac 3 ...(if you can wait a bit) it is quite new and there aren't any reviews out yet afaik.

I cannot vouch on this as I've heard mixed opinions on nuforce.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

This. Unless you're a robot like me you won't like the static. Static turns me on sexually.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

That's really where I see the future of Objective solutions if someone can get it running off PCIe. A front panel version would be sick as hell, imo.

why use pci(e)?

just grab a internal usb header and bolt the case/dac to a pci bracket.

I haven't figured out how to fit  or power an o2 just yet, but the odac would be easy.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

why use pci(e)?

just grab a internal usb header and bolt the case/dac to a pci bracket.

I haven't figured out how to fit  or power an o2 just yet, but the odac would be easy.

What makes internal USB so much better than PCIe? That'd just be yet another cable to route if you used an internal USB header. Sure, that might not seem like a huge deal, but consider this: the whole reason for putting it in a PCI slot would be to maximize desk space. People who want to maximize desk space would typically be using a small form factor PC case. One more cable in a small case can be the difference between fitting all your components and having to relinquish functionality.

lol, I linked to his site ... what is your problem? I never said, that what he is selling is bad, expensive or can somewhere be found cheaper. I was just slightly amused, that the seller/assembler of a product advertises his as the best for the money ;)

If I may interject and contribute almost absolutely nothing to this thread, but it seriously seems like you are the one with a problem here. Aside from that, O2/ODAC is absolutely not exclusive to Mayflower, nor is he shoving the link down anyone's throat. 

I see nothing wrong here but your own attitude and apologize for adding gasoline. 

@Bluethulhu you may as well just get another Fiio if you're not comfortable with the price jump to an o2, since as many people on here have said there's not much else. An E10 should be more than enough for a HD558. 

Error: 410

@Bluethulhu you may as well just get another Fiio if you're not comfortable with the price jump to an o2, since as many people on here have said there's not much else. An E10 should be more than enough for a HD558. 

Oh that's what this thread was about. I forgot already.  :lol:

If I may interject and contribute almost absolutely nothing to this thread, but it seriously seems like you are the one with a problem here. Aside from that, O2/ODAC is absolutely not exclusive to Mayflower, nor is he shoving the link down anyone's throat. 

I see nothing wrong here but your own attitude and apologize for adding gasoline. 

Thank you for your great contribution ;)

What makes internal USB so much better than PCIe? 

The fact that I will have a spare pci bracket in the back but no free pcie slot :P (mini itx only has one)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

The fact that I will have a spare pci bracket in the back but no free pcie slot :P (mini itx only has one)

Hmm, that is a good point as well.

• 2 months later...

I would recommend the Schiit Modi and Magni. Not sure why everyone hates them when they are very comparable to the o2/odac at a cheaper cost. 

By all means prove me wrong and shows me measurements and explain!

I would recommend the Schiit Modi and Magni. Not sure why everyone hates them when they are very comparable to the o2/odac at a cheaper cost. 

By all means prove me wrong and shows me measurements and explain!

They are designed badly. The modni (or whatever the hell the amp one is) has 7x gain, which is way to high for most headphones. There are numerous other problems that i've said before. Overall just like most things from that company, they are designed badly. And for the $50 price difference from an o2/ODAC, it's worth it.

They are designed badly. The modni (or whatever the hell the amp one is) has 7x gain, which is way to high for most headphones. There are numerous other problems that i've said before. Overall just like most things from that company, they are designed badly. And for the $50 price difference from an o2/ODAC, it's worth it.

Thanks, @MayflowerElectronics.

I am also wondering...I have the DT 990-250 running with the Fiio E10. Why is the VAC port on the front of the o2/odac combo? Also, If I were to purchase the one for $250 does it come with all the cables necessary? Would it make more sense to buy the amp and use the e10's dac or get the all-in-one?

Thanks, @MayflowerElectronics.

I am also wondering...I have the DT 990-250 running with the Fiio E10. Why is the VAC port on the front of the o2/odac combo? Also, If I were to purchase the one for $250 does it come with all the cables necessary? Would it make more sense to buy the amp and use the e10's dac or get the all-in-one?

The VAC port was a design flaw (we didn't design the o2/ODAC ourselves). We do have a model with power in the rear. Yes it comes with all cables and adapters.

I would probably buy better headphones before investing into a source upgrade.

Are we hoping to find gold or a roman bath? :D

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The VAC port was a design flaw (we didn't design the o2/ODAC ourselves). We do have a model with power in the rear. Yes it comes with all cables and adapters.

I would probably buy better headphones before investing into a source upgrade.

I may buy this before getting headphones next year. What would be a solid upgrade from the dt 990s?

I may buy this before getting headphones next year. What would be a solid upgrade from the dt 990s?

HE-400's/500's, AKG k702 65th anniversary, HD 600's (maybe).

HE-400's/500's, AKG k702 65th anniversary, HD 600's (maybe).

Would your T50RP version 3 be an upgrade? 

I would want a solid upgrade but without sacrificing how comfortable the 990s are.

The 500s look nice with velour pads, wallet might disagree  <_<

Would your T50RP version 3 be an upgrade? 

I would want a solid upgrade but without sacrificing how comfortable the 990s are.

The 500s look nice with velour pads, wallet might disagree  <_<

If you like bass, sure. HE-400's are more balanced and sound good, but they're twice as much. Your call.

If you like bass, sure. HE-400's are more balanced and sound good, but they're twice as much. Your call.

I might look at them for next christmas lol.

Maybe the HE-500 and LCD-2 if they drop a fair bit.

I might look at them for next christmas lol.

Maybe the HE-500 and LCD-2 if they drop a fair bit.

High end headphones' price don't fluctuate. I saw the LCD-2's for $749 for black friday and it won't be that low until next black Friday. Maybe.

High end headphones' price don't fluctuate. I saw the LCD-2's for $749 for black friday and it won't be that low until next black Friday. Maybe.

Yeah maybe the he-400. They run good on your odac/o2?

Yeah maybe the he-400. They run good on your odac/o2?

The only headphones that don't run good on the o2/ODAC are electrostatic headphones.

The only headphones that don't run good on the o2/ODAC are electrostatic headphones.

oh :S, what would be the best headphones that run with the o2/odac for under 400? 

I tend to like a more fun sound, but what do you prefer?

(The Magni is said to be able to handle orthos just not the HE-6, although that's on their website and is a bit biased)