Gurus Help me

Little Bear

This is inside a while loop, and somehow I need to call upon it elsewhere to make a function.

int currentCpuPercentage = (int)perfCpuCount.NextValue();
                int currentAvailableMemory = (int)perfMemCount.NextValue();
                int currentTemperature = (int)((((perfTemperature.NextValue() / 3) - 32) * 5) / 9);

If you need more source code let me know. <3 thanks!

Motivation is where, and what you make of it.

“It is relatively unusual that a physical scientist is truly an atheist. Why is this true? Some point to the anthropic constraints, the remarkable fine tuning of the universe. For example, Freeman Dyson, a Princeton faculty member, has said, ‘Nature has been kinder to us that we had any right to expect.'”  Albert Einstein

Why not put these three lines in another function and put in the while loop a command that run that function? And from the other place you want to access these three lines you can also just call that function

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I am relatively new to C, so to me its not really simple :P,  but I can't do that because its calling on performance counters inside of the loop.

“It is relatively unusual that a physical scientist is truly an atheist. Why is this true? Some point to the anthropic constraints, the remarkable fine tuning of the universe. For example, Freeman Dyson, a Princeton faculty member, has said, ‘Nature has been kinder to us that we had any right to expect.'”  Albert Einstein

Yeah, if you ever write the same code twice make it a function and call it. What

while('this is you centry for loop')
{
	ReadCPU();
}

void ReadCPU();
{
    int currentTemperature = (int)((((perfTemperature.NextValue() / 3) - 32) * 5) / 9);
}

3 minutes ago, jimistephen said:

Yeah, if you ever write the same code twice make it a function and call it. What

while('this is you centry for loop)
{
	ReadCPU();
}

void ReadCPU();
{
}

I will try this.

It can't call upon the performance counters now

Source code removed

1 hour ago, Little Bear said:

It can't call upon the performance counters now

Source code removed

Probably because it loses access to the variables perfCpuCount, perfMemCount, and perfTemperature.

You can pass information into a function through its parameters. Here's a very simple example

void Main()
{
    int i = 2;
    int j = 3;
    int result = Add(i, j);
}

public static int Add(int x, int y)
{
    return x + y;
}

If calling a function is too much of a performance hit, consider making it a macro

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If calling a function is too much of a performance hit, consider making it a macro

Based on his other recent thread, I think he's using C# and not C (as he said above). I could be wrong though.

2 minutes ago, madknight3 said:

Based on his other recent thread, I think he's using C# and not C (as he said above). I could be wrong though.

oh, then I will be no help probably :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, madknight3 said:

You are correct, and the problem is: I have performance counters in my loop (where they need to be) then i have functions to declare them in the loop (where the need to be for some other code to work), but with those two things configured that way how could i call upon in outside of the while loop(I need those specific variables)?

27 minutes ago, Little Bear said:

You are correct, and the problem is: I have performance counters in my loop (where they need to be) then i have functions to declare them in the loop (where the need to be for some other code to work), but with those two things configured that way how could i call upon in outside of the while loop(I need those specific variables)?

Put the functions to declare them outside the loop. And also outside of the block of code the loop is inside so you can call them from anywhere.

1 hour ago, Little Bear said:

It's much easier to help when you show us the code.

Removed