Laptop for school and light gaming for a round $500

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a new laptop, 11-inch would be best for me since I will be taking it a lot of times so I need it to be small and light (13 is max), I'm also looking for the build quality but it doesn't really have to be a tank in any way since I can take care of my stuff and even now I still have a Dell Inspiron laptop for about 4 years now and it still is in a good condition, I also need a beautiful screen to look at since I will watch a lot of stuff with it( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), the keyboard isn't really a big issue to me so decent is fine, battery life is a must so I need it to have a 6+hours if possible.

my top pick for now is this one http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-11-3168-2-in-1-laptop/pd , I will of course get the one with the one with the core M3, the review is here http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/dell-inspiron-11-3000-2-in-1 , it is the previous model that is on that review but I've contacted Dell support and it is basicly the same except for the CPU and color. so my Budget will be around $500

if there is a more expensive ones, I don't mind as long it is worth it

I will be playing indie games, and other light games, I don't need a dedicated GPU for it

11 minutes ago, iM8Pizza said:

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a new laptop, 11-inch would be best for me since I will be taking it a lot of times so I need it to be small and light (13 is max), I'm also looking for the build quality but it doesn't really have to be a tank in any way since I can take care of my stuff and even now I still have a Dell Inspiron laptop for about 4 years now and it still is in a good condition, I also need a beautiful screen to look at since I will watch a lot of stuff with it( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), the keyboard isn't really a big issue to me so decent is fine, battery life is a must so I need it to have a 6+hours if possible.

my top pick for now is this one http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-11-3168-2-in-1-laptop/pd , I will of course get the one with the one with the core M3, the review is here http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/dell-inspiron-11-3000-2-in-1 , it is the previous model that is on that review but I've contacted Dell support and it is basicly the same except for the CPU and color. so my Budget will be around $500

if there is a more expensive ones, I don't mind as long it is worth it

I will be playing indie games, and other light games, I don't need a dedicated GPU for it

Somehow i doubt that there is anything where a:   laptop, 500$ and gaming can be put in 1 sentence 

however self built PC, 500$ and gaming, yes

indie games sorta need a gpu too nowadays, unless u mean minecraft

5 minutes ago, SwiftXShadow said:

Somehow i doubt that there is anything where a:   laptop, 500$ and gaming can be put in 1 sentence 

"High end" gaming, no, However my old laptop could play games on fair/low settings and still have decent fps, was a samsung something or other lol. was around $550 at the time of purchase. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

You can't expect gaming on a 500$ laptop except less graphically intensive indie games.

Anyways, try finding something with an i5 and 8gb ram and 1080p screen, tho I'm not sure if you can get all of that for 500$

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

You can try the asus zenbook ux305, if it is available there. It a couple of custom spec options.  So do take care of the one you buy

9 hours ago, SwiftXShadow said:

I'm sorry that I didn't mention what kind of game I'm going to play with it, I'm going to play games "on-the-graphical-class" of Minecraft, I as of now has been continuously playing Stardew Valley, I'm mainly interested with indie game that is filled with the focus of story and well.. building something. (I would also love to receive a good indie game recommendation)

I already have a self-built PC at home

Oh, that's new to me, what are those indie-games if I might ask? I'd like to get my hands on them if I found them good and support the developer

9 hours ago, derick90 said:

"High end" gaming, no, However my old laptop could play games on fair/low settings and still have decent fps, was a samsung something or other lol. was around $550 at the time of purchase. 

I have a PC at home for "High End" gaming, so I don't really find the need to have a good gaming laptop since I have a PC that can run any game (as of now) on high+ settings

Here is the spec of my PC if you are interested:
Intel Core i5-3330

Sapphire Nitro R9-390 Tri-X

8gb of RAM

2tb HDD (1tbWD Black/1tbWD Blue)

60gb Corsair LS SSD (for booting only, and some really minor apps)

750W Thermaltake Toughpower 80+Gold

ASUS B75M-A Motherboard

with those spec you'd probably thinking "ew...those ram... you'd need more", "upgrade that CPU", "that SSD tho", "that motherboard....go get something better"

well, I have my reason, they are what I need, althought I do agree with the SSD, It's almost full now, I will be running with the mobo and cpu for the 2 or so upcoming years to an i7 (for future proofing) and that PSU is for future proofing as well

9 hours ago, IMPERIUS said:

You can't expect gaming on a 500$ laptop except less graphically intensive indie games.

Anyways, try finding something with an i5 and 8gb ram and 1080p screen, tho I'm not sure if you can get all of that for 500$

That's what I'm intended to play with, I've find many with those spec that you mention, but they are more expensive and more bulky

5 hours ago, Mohit Goyal said:

You can try the asus zenbook ux305, if it is available there. It a couple of custom spec options.  So do take care of the one you buy

I've look into, they are impressive... the price is also impressive, I'd think about it

6 hours ago, Mohit Goyal said:

Great news and/or bad news, the new Dell Inspiron 11 2-in-1 uses the same CPU as the UX305, I just contacted Dell. So... I don't I'm getting the UX305

5 hours ago, iM8Pizza said:

Great news and/or bad news, the new Dell Inspiron 11 2-in-1 uses the same CPU as the UX305, I just contacted Dell. So... I don't I'm getting the UX305

Well as you may :) i knew abt the dell model. I personally am not a big fan of 2-in-1s.